Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Can someone tell me how long their order was "With the factory" until it went to "Build week confirmed". The reason I ask is there is some confusion as to when my dealer actually put the order in. My order went in supposedly on the 10th June, so it's been just over a month, and still no build week confirmation.
Is this typical? Or am I just being paranoid? :?

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
No set time ,depends if dealers have build slots available I think .contact Vw customer services with your order or tracking no and they should say when your provisional build wk is . Don't get a confirmed build wk til a month before it's due to be built but can go back or come forward .
Mine was ordered on the 16/5 and was told soon after that my build wk was supposed to be the 4th jul and it was .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers chaps, I suspect I'm just being a bit impatient. It'll happen when it happens. Just have to wait a while longer.

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bigal said:
Have you contacted your dealer or Vw customer services with your number to find out . It does ease your mind once you have some idea !
Are you saying that the order tracking website is not a true indication?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Was just saying have you got predicted build wk as dealers take orders but if they haven't got any build slots you can be waiting months and months for your car to come ,least if you check with Vw you will have some idea.
When I ordered my last golf I was told 16-20 wks but when I found out it was going to be over 30 wks due to dealer having used up all their build slots and my order went into the next batch I ended up getting the ex demo as I wasn't prepared to wait that long .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers Bigal, spoke to VW UK customer services who were very helpful. They say unconfirmed build of week 31 or 32 (early August), so definitely looking around early September(ish) for delivery.

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
I ordered my R Line on the 26 June with a build week 31 and the tracker is telling me it is in the UK and should be with the retailer within 7 days. They seem to be arriving randomly. Having said that the tracker can be a bit hit and miss.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
For anybody interested in the VW tracker, this is my current status. My confirmed build week was 34 (last week). Tracking by just entering the number on the website it took until the end of the week Sunday 28th to change build in progress. Signing into "My Volkswagen" the status still says the build will start shortly. I have just contacted the dealer who has told me that it is at status 38 in the Emden dock waiting for a ship to Grimsby.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
On the VW tracker my status still shows stage 'at the factory' with the window lights flashing. My dealer expects mine to arrive here in the early to mid October. I ordered mine on the 26th July.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
:) :D :D
telcom said:
stumpy said:
On the VW tracker my status still shows stage 'at the factory' with the window lights flashing. My dealer expects mine to arrive here in the early to mid October. I ordered mine on the 26th July.
That is about right, Mine was ordered on 4th July
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
Must admit, it seems ages since my test drive. So at the weekend I went and had another look...lol :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
Think I might visit the dealer a few times! Between now and my January delivery date!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
JonP said:
Think I might visit the dealer a few times! Between now and my January delivery date!!
:lol: :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
just checked with my dealer about build tracker here in Netherlands, as you had all been talking about it, ....this is what he replied.....

[i]For cars order via the Dutch importer this tracking system is not available.
We can only check when the car will be build. [/i]


gutted :cry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
JonP said:
just checked with my dealer about build tracker here in Netherlands, as you had all been talking about it, ....this is what he replied.....

[i]For cars order via the Dutch importer this tracking system is not available.
We can only check when the car will be build. [/i]


gutted :cry:
You don't want it trust me..even though I have a build week of next week I still check it multiple times a day to see if it changes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
JBS2472 said:
JonP said:
just checked with my dealer about build tracker here in Netherlands, as you had all been talking about it, ....this is what he replied.....

[i]For cars order via the Dutch importer this tracking system is not available.
We can only check when the car will be build. [/i]


gutted :cry:
You don't want it trust me..even though I have a build week of next week I still check it multiple times a day to see if it changes.
I agree it is 12 days (week 34) since mine was built and it is still showing as "build in progress" when I enter the order number and build scheduled when I go through the My Volkswagen website. A lot easier just to go VW Customer services and request a status code.

00 = Assigned to factory order no production week scheduled
10 = Factory ordered with production week scheduled
20 = Factory ordered production week confirmed
30 = In transit from factory
36 = Vehicle in port of exit - not released
38 = Vehicle in port of exit - released to shipping
39 = Vehicle on ship
40 = Vehicle arrival at UK port
60 = Dispatched to Dealer
70 = Vehicle arrived at Dealer
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top