Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok may be a silly question

Can't look in manual as car is with the wife and I only noticed when she reversed up as she was leaving.

Does the mk2 have one or two reverse lights.

The 10 second look I got where I was paying attention it looked like 2 on the back.

The reason I am asking though is only 1 illuminated this morning. Just wondering if I have lost a bulb in under 200 miles.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Good morning.....There are Two (2) 'Newbeetler.....and they are LED

·
Registered
610 Posts
Newbeetler your wife's not in Alnwick today in a 66 plate blue, just seen this one reverse with one light only? Spooky

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Afternoon

Thanks Stumpy.

That's interesting. Just had the wife come back and I checked it out

Looks like the SE Nav only has 1.

Left side is reverse light

Right side looks like reverse light but is actually right fog light

Both LED

That wasn't the wife FTT she was in a 66 plate silver with personalised plate. :)

But interesting you say that had only one. Confirms my suspicion

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Just been & taken a pic for you 'Newbeetler' as you can see two reverse lights on and fog light is more in the main cluster if this helps
Regards Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Hi Newbeetler, do you have the led tail lights as they're not standard on the SE or SE Nav, and you said they are led, but you did mention bulbs in your opening post ?.
It maybe that you only get two if you've specified the led's

Steve

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll try grab some photos later.

My SE Nav though is single reverse light in the main cluster

Where the fog light is in the pic is the same in the SE Nav and the reverse light is on the opposite symettrical side to the single fog light.

I am guessing they are normal bulbs but they are the lots of little light types than a single ballon type bulb.

Sorry very technical lol

Does look to be the difference between the LED kit and the standard bulb config on the SE and SE Nav

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can also confirm that a 2016 Tiguan only has one reversing light and it is utterly, utterly useless. It is so bad that I had to retrofit a rear view camera (£600) so that I could safely reverse off the drive at night.

·
Registered
27 Posts
That light cluster is not like mine, I have a 2ltr petrol SEL and have two LED, very bright reversing lights. The LED lights are very expensive but I can drive on full beam and the front light masks oncoming vehicle, worht every penny.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Ok, so there seems some variation in light clusters according to model and build times.

I spend a great deal of time negotiating narrow dark country lanes with no street lights for miles. Lighting is very important to me.

My current Golf Bi-Xenon Lights are amazing, but the single reverse light is appalling. The saving grace is my reverse camera.

Whilst I know that many will say a reverse light is not there to illuminate behind the car, but there to notify others the vehicle is reversing.

However I like to see. Whilst the Area View on my ordered Tiguan should help, I am anxious to find out if I have one or two reverse lights and are they LED.

If anyone with a 2017 R-Line could tell me - I'm assuming that like for like model comparison with give the best answer.

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Hi JJ1, the current price list suggests that both the SEL and R Line models have Dynamic led's and Cherry Red rear led's as standard, so I'm pretty sure it will look the same as Stumpy's picture showed earlier. 😀

Steve

·
Registered
220 Posts
Essjay said:
Hi JJ1, the current price list suggests that both the SEL and R Line models have Dynamic led's and Cherry Red rear led's as standard, so I'm pretty sure it will look the same as Stumpy's picture showed earlier. 😀

Steve
I hope it is the same as in the picture. Thanks.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Like Essjay said:
- all S, SE and SE Nav - standard rear lights,
SEL and R-Line - LED 'Cherry" rear lights,

The only LED rear lights that trims below SEL have are LED reg plate lights.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Are the standard tail lights LED type for the red tailights? As the photo looks quite good with the individual strips like the AUDI A3 Sportbacks? Unless it's the photo the standard taillights look nicer than the LED??

Ultratek said:
I can also confirm that a 2016 Tiguan only has one reversing light and it is utterly, utterly useless. It is so bad that I had to retrofit a rear view camera (£600) so that I could safely reverse off the drive at night.
I don't think reversing lights have ever supposed to light the way, but inform other people that the car is going back wards. I suppose it's a bonus if the light does light things up a bit though!

·
Registered
157 Posts
cabby09 said:
I agree... is it just the picture or do the non led look so much better than the led ones?
No I agree.. may just be the picture but they look more vivid.. For me it also looks alittle like the left one spells GT (but that may just be me :lol: :lol: )

·
Registered
158 Posts
It looks like on the S,SE and SENav have LED Rev and Fog lamps. I pulled off the plastic cover on the tailgate and the only bulbs that you can change are for the portion of the rear lights that are mounted on the tailgate. Those light clusters are not designed to be removed like the outer clusters are.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looking at Stumpy's post and looking at my SEL there is only one fog lights at the rear which is to the right hand side looking at it from the rear. It looks like there is a reflector on the left hand side but VW are penny pinching. Does anyone know if it is just a case of opening the light cluster and adding a bulb? If so what is the bulb no.

·
Registered
25 Posts
ADDD said:
... but VW are penny pinching.
Not really. Cars usually have one rear fog light. Having two is not illegal, but is hard to distinguish from brake lights.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.