Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Quick question: does anyone know of any easy way of checking standard equipment for UK models exactly?

I ask because there seems to be a discrepancy between the VW UK web site and the online brochure/pricelist.

Specifically, I've ordered a Tiggy with the BiTDI engine, and according to the UK VW configurator (and other online configurators like Carwow), it seems that when you order that engine you appear to get the heated steering wheel thrown in. At least, I can't order it as an 'extra' on the configurator with that engine (and it does show under standard equipment) but when I swap to a different engine I can. The online price list/brochure makes no references to the fact that it's included with that engine (unlike DCC which they state is standard with the 240).

I'd like to know whether it's incorrect on the configurator or an omission in the brochure and whether I should prepare to be pleasantly surprised or slightly aggrieved on the day I pick it up!

Cheers!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've also noticed a few discrepancies. I was told that the panoramic sunroof isn't included but i'm pretty sure it is standard on the R Line? I've also noticed that the 'Winter Pack' is listed on the standard features?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi guys,

UK Volkswagen website have a decent pricing and specifications page, where you can compare the specs of multiple trims on the same page.

Could always phone VW and clarify any discrepancies you think there are. Better that than be aggrieved on delivery?

I'd be surprised if the specs for each trim on the website have any errors. They cover everything as far as I can see.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I decided to take VeeDubyaLover's advice and ask VW directly.

Just as a FYI, in case anyone else was wondering their response was:

"Having spoken to our Brand Support Team they have confirmed that a heated steering wheel is only available as an optional extra and does not come with any standard specification. I am sorry that the configurator is not functioning correctly. We are in the process of updating the website and we hope to have this working as normal in the very near future. Thank you for taking the time to make us further aware of this issue."

So there you go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts