Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may seem like a silly question to some people, but how do I physically check what engine I have in my R Line?

It should be a 2.0 190 bhp (140KW) diesel.

I know all the paperwork supplied says I have the correct engine, but I have looked all over the engine (well the bits I could get to) and I cant see anywhere where its stamped what it is or has a tag or whatever marking.

How do they know they're fitting the right power unit in the factory?

Does anyone know where to physically look?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Engine number on V5 document is the only way to identify engine variant......additionally the VIN number would also clarify the engine type.

There are no visual differences that I am aware of regarding 150ps V 190ps.

The 240ps does have visual differences including 2 Turbo chargers.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
:lol: rtigtony....... believe you me if you had seen an earlier post I put on when I picked mine up, late that night I was reading my handbook / paperwork etc and had a mass panic attack, which caused me not to sleep alnight......poised ready for opening time next morning at VW. Luckily during the night I posted a pic of my paperwork which showed it was a 140 kw and the guys with their knowledge put me straight before I jumped in with both feet. Yes in my panic I mistook 140kw for ps having ordered the 190 ps, checked the VIN numbers etc to the engine which were correct. I know it doesn't answer your question really mate, but I feel it has a bit more oomph to the 150 I test drove..... my thoughts ;) :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks to you both for your reply, but it just seems strange to me that the only check that we have got the right engine fitted is the paperwork.

In my knowledge of the engineering industry, virtually every component has an identification mark of some sort either stamped on it or cast in.

I would have thought that an entire engine would have some identification on it to distinguish it from another identical looking unit.

The reason I was asking was that I had a 2.0 R Line Tiguan with the 177 diesel engine before this new 190 diesel engine Tiguan and the 177 engine was far better than this 190 version. I had thoughts that the wrong engine may have been fitted in the factory.

Perhaps it's because it's new and needs loosening up, but my initial impression of the new 190 engine is disappointing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.