Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Tiguan R-Line 1.4 l, 4-cylinder TSI, 180 kW, hybrid drive, 2021, 71 plate, white
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I've got a 21 plate Hybird. How do I setup the timer-controlled charging so it only charges between 1pm and 6pm every day.

I thought I did it / set it up, but I needed to set an end time so used 6am, But when I plug in the 13A plug top charge cable (at 8.30pm) the LED indicates time charging now, but the "timer-controlled charging" button light is on. When the car locks (which isn't mentioned about locking the car in the user guide) the button lights go out and the LED is pluseing green. When I then open the car and look at the dash it shows 3.45 until full charge. I didn't take any pictures, but I will do later and add them.

Could someone please got through the set up details (in detail / step by step) on what need setting up and where so my car will charge during the night.

Thanks

·
Registered
880 Posts
Hi
I've got a 21 plate Hybird. How do I setup the timer-controlled charging so it only charges between 1pm and 6pm every day.

I thought I did it / set it up, but I needed to set an end time so used 6am, But when I plug in the 13A plug top charge cable (at 8.30pm) the LED indicates time charging now, but the "timer-controlled charging" button light is on. When the car locks (which isn't mentioned about locking the car in the user guide) the button lights go out and the LED is pluseing green. When I then open the car and look at the dash it shows 3.45 until full charge. I didn't take any pictures, but I will do later and add them.

Could someone please got through the set up details (in detail / step by step) on what need setting up and where so my car will charge during the night.

Thanks
In my experience (I work for an EV charging company) set up the timer for your charge point.
Car timers seems to be unreliable.

What charger do you have?

·
Registered
Tiguan R-Line 1.4 l, 4-cylinder TSI, 180 kW, hybrid drive, 2021, 71 plate, white
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

Thanks for your comment. Unfortunately we don’t have a proper “charging point”. As the car has a 10 ~ 11 kw battery we’ve only got on outside socket and “13A plug top charge cable”, the car charges in about 4 or 5 hours. So that is why I’m trying to use the cars built in delay / timer charge function.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Hi

Thanks for your comment. Unfortunately we don’t have a proper “charging point”. As the car has a 10 ~ 11 kw battery we’ve only got on outside socket and “13A plug top charge cable”, the car charges in about 4 or 5 hours. So that is why I’m trying to use the cars built in delay / timer charge function.
Ah ok, sorry didn’t realise that

1 - 4 of 4 Posts