Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
View attachment 213 Hi just had Nextbase 312GW fitted at Halfords 20 min Photos 1 from drivers seat 1 from rear passengers seat hope they help. When you are driving not at all intrusive

View attachment 213

·
Registered
953 Posts
Your camera will be covering a sensor on the front side of the mirror, needs moving to the drivers side

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks will call to Halfords in the morning it's only 1 mile away thanks again

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
By the way what senor is it covering near the mirror??

·
Registered
485 Posts
Don't think it's in the way of any sensors where it is.

·
Registered
953 Posts
If you look though the windscreen at the mirror you'll see a square on the one side not sure what it does though

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi Guys.

Look at the picture 'fig 168' in the on-line manual, page 243 or 281 whichever version you have access to. That shows the Lane assist camera.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That makes sense MY lane assist is showing Amber

·
Registered
953 Posts
Page 140 fig 115 number 2 it's the anti dazzle sensor

·
Registered
627 Posts
PBB3 said:
That makes sense MY lane assist is showing Amber
The lane assist might be orange because it hasn't established a "true lane" to assist with. Try on a motorway (without roadworks) where some lines might be clear for it to find it.

I think the sensor on the back of the mirror is the auto dimmer / anti-dazzle as miket has just said.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I did find my lane assist to be a bit iffy today but most the road were wet, also found this in the winter when a lot of leaves on the road

·
Registered
610 Posts
Pbb3 I have the same dash cam fitted due to the said sensor I fitted mine to the left of the mirror leavings approximately 5 mm between edges for adjustment to mirror if needed. After a short while front passenger will forget it's even there :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys will call in to VW before Halfords they are both on same retail park 500/600 yards apart will post back when I have correct information

·
Registered
244 Posts
From how in looks in your photos, there should be enough slack in the cable to just detach the suction mount and move it a bit to the left so it's clear of obstructing the mirror. Shouldn't be any need to take it back to Halfords. As said above, the lane assist only kicks in above 40mph.
Cheers

·
Registered
953 Posts
Malcm59 said:
From how in looks in your photos, there should be enough slack in the cable to just detach the suction mount and move it a bit to the left so it's clear of obstructing the mirror. Shouldn't be any need to take it back to Halfords. As said above, the lane assist only kicks in above 40mph.
Cheers
It's not the lane assist sensor it's the anti dazzle, and what use will that be with a bright led screen only mm from it, also your not aloud by law to anything obstructing the windscreen within the sweep of the wipper blades, it will fit on the right hand side of the mirror and is where VW recommend

·
Registered
134 Posts
Miket said:
It's not the lane assist sensor it's the anti dazzle, and what use will that be with a bright led screen only mm from it, also your not aloud by law to anything obstructing the windscreen within the sweep of the wipper blades, it will fit on the right hand side of the mirror and is where VW recommend
Will it be visible to the driver on the right hand side and therefore a possible distraction? On my last car I had mine on the left and assume dI could do the same when the Tig arrives.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I have mine on the right as per VW recommendations and don't notice it whist driving mostly hidden behind the mirror

·
Registered
953 Posts
Miket said:
I have mine on the right as per VW recommendations and don't notice it whist driving mostly hidden behind the mirror
Sorry the pictures poor but it's peeing rain and I'm not going to get tiggy wet :roll:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Miket said:
Miket said:
Sorry the pictures poor but it's peeing rain and I'm not going to get tiggy wet :roll:
Thanks for that, looks ok. Any problems routing cable to drivers side?

·
Registered
953 Posts
No problem took the light/switch panel out it, only clips in but if I remember right in the end I fished a nylon fish wire all the way from the camera to the left a post, I took the a post cover off also
Ps only use soft fish wires do not use steal wire as a fish

1 - 20 of 24 Posts