Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

Anyone know if there's a way to get the infotainment system to switch on when the ignition goes on, and off when the ignition goes off?

If it's in either manual, I can't find it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hi Breezer,

My understanding is that if the infotainment system is on when you switch off the ignition it will automatically turn on next time you turn on the ignition and same the other way around if it off when you switch ignition off it is off when you next start the ignition and just a clock will display on the screen. This is how it works on mine and I do not remember changing any particular setting to make this happen.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hmm, mine stays on after the ignition is turned off, but stops playing music when I open the door. I doesnt automatically start up again - I need to press the power button to turn it on

Maybe its somewhere in the settings ?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Havent got any experience of it yet, but throwing it out there as a thought: could it have something to do with the profile setting for you? Is there a setting within profiles that you set to say you want radio on / off, if on, what station it starts up with?

G

·
You need to push button twice to turn off the ignition. Once stops engine, twice turns off ignition. Sorry if you already do this!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies.

DeT - Haven't tried leaving it on as it seemed liked it would keep on playing for 10 mins. Will try to check that it powers down when doors get locked, then powers up next time it's unlocked and ignition switched on.

NHNF & Bhuna - Been through every setting but no joy. Did find some things I didn't know about though :D

Matchbox - I've only been pushing Start button once and it seems to switch ignition off OK Does pushing twice somehow interact with the infotainment system?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Breezer said:
Did find some things I didn't know about though :D
Do tell, or are you letting me wait to find out when I get mine LOL :)

Breezer said:
Does pushing twice somehow interact with the infotainment system?
Only speaking from a normal ignition in car point of view - when the key is all the way round with engine running, you turn it one click and the engine goes off - then you turn it the remaining click and the ignition / power then goes off - turning off everything in the car.

I assume this is the same with pressing the button twice as mentioned - the ignition will switch off and therefore the power to the vehicle - thus your radio goes off?

G

·
At first push engine stops but everything else continues to work - active display,infotainment, ac, lights etc.. Second push all gors dead!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DeT said:
Hi Breezer,

My understanding is that if the infotainment system is on when you switch off the ignition it will automatically turn on next time you turn on the ignition and same the other way around if it off when you switch ignition off it is off when you next start the ignition and just a clock will display on the screen. This is how it works on mine and I do not remember changing any particular setting to make this happen.
This seems to be closest to what I'm getting. If infotainment is on when I turn off the ignition, it stays on till I open the door. Next time I get in and start the ignition, infotainment switches on automatically. Result! :D

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Matchbox said:
Apologies! I think I may have got it wrong.
You did have me worried. I thought mine was maybe faulty :shock: :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts