Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Yes, interesting, and in the 5 years I've had DSG'S I've never experienced this. I guess if you disable autohold, and somehow get around hill hold you might get it to roll back....

Ok, I've not got a mk2, and we've established start/stop is different, it stops before the vehicle has come to a halt. However I'd presume like my mk1, you engage drive, touch the accelerator, the car seamlessly releases the brakes as the clutch engages and you have a no fuss smooth roll away.

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Actually, in the manual it does say that Start/Stop doesn't operate when the vehicle is on an incline. How much that incline has to be though is not stated, and I've never experienced it as I never use it. ;)

Steve

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tricky said:
Ok, I've not got a mk2, and we've established start/stop is different, it stops before the vehicle has come to a halt. However I'd presume like my mk1, you engage drive, touch the accelerator, the car seamlessly releases the brakes as the clutch engages and you have a no fuss smooth roll away.
These were also my thoughts.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I currently have a BMW and it does exactly the same thing. I think it is just a quirk of start stop as it just kicks in too early. It is very annoying if you go to pull away and get a sudden jerk as though you have stalled and bump started.

Stop start works on loads of variables for example if you set the heater high on a cold day, it shouldn't stop the engine.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I edited my post last night to add another comment, but it seems to have ditched it. I went on to note he also writes "Another minor irritation, given the amount of premium equipment in the car, was the lack of an auto window up function even for the driver." eh? How experienced is the auto reviewer?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.