Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be silly question and i might be doing something wrong.

1.) When I currently get in the car at night, its really dark in there car and i cant hardly see anything. Normally in a car the lights internally come on until you start the engine. The Abient lighting is on but still that's not bright enough. Am i being silly here, have i not turned something on etc?

2.) When i get home, i turn the engine off and get out my car but the the lights extrernally don't stay on for 20 seconds i requested in the settings. The lights come on when I unlock the car when im going to the car but not when I leave the car. Am I doing something wrong here too?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
Read the manual, its a bit wordy, but my understanding of it was, on entry it turns the lights on when you unlock, coming home you have to flash the main beam before leaving for them to come on. I think.....
 
G

·
If you have auto-lights which I do have on my Mk1 then the light come on when I unlock the car and stay on when i lock the car (times adjustable in the dash display).

Never needed to flash the main beam.

Sometimes coming home needs a double unlock if not 100% dark.

I can check this out Wednesday when I pickup my SE MK2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,543 Posts
To avoid any confusion, here's the relevant section from the online manual:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Matt24 said:
This might be silly question and i might be doing something wrong.

1.) When I currently get in the car at night, its really dark in there car and i cant hardly see anything. Normally in a car the lights internally come on until you start the engine. The Abient lighting is on but still that's not bright enough. Am i being silly here, have i not turned something on etc?

2.) When i get home, i turn the engine off and get out my car but the the lights extrernally don't stay on for 20 seconds i requested in the settings. The lights come on when I unlock the car when im going to the car but not when I leave the car. Am I doing something wrong here too?
Regarding your point 1, I seem to have the same issue. Can someone tell me where the roof lighting is? If I enter the light menu and touch the rear view mirror icon, a slider appears but no lights are lit in the cabin? And the slider seems to do nothing.

Is there another setting somewhere I need to change?

Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
chris w said:
Matt24 said:
This might be silly question and i might be doing something wrong.

1.) When I currently get in the car at night, its really dark in there car and i cant hardly see anything. Normally in a car the lights internally come on until you start the engine. The Abient lighting is on but still that's not bright enough. Am i being silly here, have i not turned something on etc?

2.) When i get home, i turn the engine off and get out my car but the the lights extrernally don't stay on for 20 seconds i requested in the settings. The lights come on when I unlock the car when im going to the car but not when I leave the car. Am I doing something wrong here too?
Regarding your point 1, I seem to have the same issue. Can someone tell me where the roof lighting is? If I enter the light menu and touch the rear view mirror icon, a slider appears but no lights are lit in the cabin? And the slider seems to do nothing.

Is there another setting somewhere I need to change?

Chris
Have you tried messing with the physical buttons next to each light? (Guessing this as I don't have my Tig yet)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
CUPSTER said:
chris w said:
Matt24 said:
This might be silly question and i might be doing something wrong.

1.) When I currently get in the car at night, its really dark in there car and i cant hardly see anything. Normally in a car the lights internally come on until you start the engine. The Abient lighting is on but still that's not bright enough. Am i being silly here, have i not turned something on etc?

2.) When i get home, i turn the engine off and get out my car but the the lights extrernally don't stay on for 20 seconds i requested in the settings. The lights come on when I unlock the car when im going to the car but not when I leave the car. Am I doing something wrong here too?
Regarding your point 1, I seem to have the same issue. Can someone tell me where the roof lighting is? If I enter the light menu and touch the rear view mirror icon, a slider appears but no lights are lit in the cabin? And the slider seems to do nothing.

Is there another setting somewhere I need to change?

Chris
Have you tried messing with the physical buttons next to each light? (Guessing this as I don't have my Tig yet)
Do you mean the lights above the rear doors?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
485 Posts
I had noticed the same issue with ambient being on, but not the interior lights.

I think what we're looking for is the switch on the roof that looks like a car with the door open. When on, this makes the internal "courtesy" lights behave like other cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
835 Posts
Breezer said:
I think what we're looking for is the switch on the roof that looks like a car with the door open. When on, this makes the internal "courtesy" lights behave like other cars.
Ah, I never noticed that either when we had ours and I thought the same .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Breezer said:
I had noticed the same issue with ambient being on, but not the interior lights.

I think what we're looking for is the switch on the roof that looks like a car with the door open. When on, this makes the internal "courtesy" lights behave like other cars.
Yes that was it! Thanks for the info
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top