Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner

Issues with Tiguan reported so far

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  lt13624 
#1 ·
Gents, a member in one of the forum I check regularly has listed the issues reported so far on the Tiguan MK2.
I though this might be of interest for you - and especially at delivery - and I will try to translate those - and add information - as good as I can (please forgive my broken English... :mrgreen:)

-Cache-batterie manquant
:arrow: Some model have no cover on the battery - this is a non issue as it seems VW has 2 battery providers and one brand deliver the battery with a cover
-Niveau d'ad-blue insuffisant (selon le CC)
:arrow: ad-blue level insufficient at delivery
-Souci avec la carte sur AID (le soucis s'est réglé tout seul)
:arrow: Map on AID has sometimes glitches (this was a one off) and seems to be fixed now
-Défaut d'alignement des pièces extérieures. (Rien de grave)
:arrow: Some external parts (especially rear view mirrors) are not aligned properly. It has also been spotted by a member on his front part (calender?)
-Bruit de casseroles à la fermeture des portes arrières (se règle en 2 sec avec un clip)
:arrow: back doors are noisy and it seems a/some clip(s) are missing. Nothing bad but need to be fixed by the dealer
-Front assist : il a tendance à se déclencher (et parfois faire freiner) sans raison.. (Plusieurs cas)
:arrow: Several members reported that the front assist tends to trigger hard breaking (one guy reported it on the motorway...) without any reasons
-Sifflement rétroviseur gauche (apparemment partie basse du rétroviseur déformée et à remplacer)
:arrow: Wistle noise on the passenger exterior rear view mirror (mind this is on the left side for us ;)). This was fixed by changing the lower part of the rear view mirror as it was defective (parts not aligned as expected and the air flow got between the top and lower part of the ext. rear view mirror)
-Casse boite manuelle après 5000 km (cas unique)
:arrow: One gentleman reported his manual gear box broke after 5'000km. Only reported once
-Souci avec l'ouverture du coffre électrique (cas unique)
:arrow: One gentleman reported his trunk could not be opened anymore (electric one). Only reported once
-Claquement assez bruyant dans le coffre (un câble mal accroché ? Cas unique : à l'étude)
:arrow: Weird "clacking" noise on the trunk, it seems one of the cable running there wasn't fixed properly. Also only reported once
-Garde-boue manquant (cas unique : incroyable mais vrai... la personne qui a boulonné la roue n'a rien vu...ou plutôt s'en fout)
:arrow: A member reported that one of the mudguard was missing :roll:
-Souci avec ACC qui semble ne plus fonctionner correctement (cas unique origine de la panne inconnue)
:arrow: Alse a member reported that his ACC stop working completely (still being investigated...)
-Appui-tête en mauvais coloris
:arrow: A gentleman who ordered a bi-color interior had... One of the head rest had the wrong color :lol:

Hope this is fairly understandable and do not hesitate to ask if you need any more details.

Cheers

See less See more
#2 ·
Hmmm Thanks 'DonTim'...... I will deffo have a good look round it next week on hand-over.....thanks for posting the very informed info some silly little things which shouldn't have got passed on final inspection at the factory :shock: :x

#3 ·
stumpy said:
Hmmm Thanks 'DonTim'...... I will deffo have a good look round it next week on hand-over.....thanks for posting the very informed info some silly little things which shouldn't have got passed on final inspection at the factory :shock: :x
Tell me about it :roll:

#4 ·
Well, having gone through (and deciphered as best I can :D ) the list, I'm happy to report that so far I've not encountered any of the faults highlighted.
That's not to say they won't happen in the future, but at least I'll know now what to look out for.
Thanks for the 'heads-up' DonTim.

Steve

#5 ·
Its an interesting subject, VW and quality control.

I asked for the output of the multi-point check from VW before they hand over the car. They didn't seem to have it. It seems that they basically plug it into a computer and it runs all the diagnostic checks, but I assume that this only checks the engine management unit etc. Anyway, I personally dont think that they get a print out and the computer shows a big green tick. Who knows, I am still following it up.

It certainly missed the fact that my passenger door switch was malfunctioning and I'm sure it will miss other subtle (physical and electrical) faults. You would hope the obvious ones would be picked up straight away.

If anyone else gets any info on the pre-check, please post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.