Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, intro time ..

Earlier today we found a 2018 'new' Tiguan SEL … why 'new'? The original owner has simply not used the car in this time and it is a time warp vehicle with less than 1k miles. It's going to have a full service and fluids change before we collect in about a weeks time … will post pictures when we bring it home (is there a volume of posts required to post photos?)

Nice spec finished in black, with the grey alloys, pan roof and DSG. I had been lurking here for a while and reading a number of posts pushed us towards the SEL over the R-Line … this will be our second Tiguan having previously owned a MK1 R-Line in white with full spec.

We're looking forward to the comfortable and relaxed ownership experience

Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just found a photo of the original R-Line we owned … high spec ex-demo with black leather, pan roof, sat nav … it did have the 19" alloys but we had the dealer swap to 18's partly for comfort, partly because the roads in the south east are not kind to alloys and ultra low profile tyres …

Wheel Car Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,018 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

As for the photos, you do not need to do a number of posts you can post the images straight away.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had a call earlier today and the car is ready for collection Wednesday … Also spoke to the VW dealer about service and warranty options and they spoke about this VW All-In option … the car requires a 30 minute inspection and if all ok I can then buy a 2 yr package that includes OEM warranty, 2 x services and MOT and roadside assistance … all for £34 per month or a one-off £802 … seems really good value to me … anywhere else taken this option or have any thoughts?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We picked up the Tiggy with the dealer having completed the used car PDI and a couple of small items we'd asked to be addressed … good drive home until 5 miles from home when a stone flew up and introduced itself to the lower n/s corner of the windscreen … not happy, but is fixable and at least missed the bodywork!

Gave it its first wash today and its going to need some TLC to get it into the condition I like … so for now finished it with some Z6 detailing spray as I dried the car …

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

It's the SEL Auto model as I mentioned, black with grey alloys, pan roof, digital dash and the massaging drivers seat.

It's going to get a good long run this week as away with work so will see how the economy side of things works out.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,018 Posts
Glad you like it and shame about the stone.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So we’ve added a few hundred miles and ticks of approval all round from the youngest (14) upto the oldest (85) saying how quiet & comfy the Tiggy is …

Economy is very impressive for what is essentially a new and still tight engine, current mileage 1238 ….

Attachments

Reactions: Wildcat

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi All, is there a way of finding out the original build spec for my 2018 SEL please? Th more I’m using the more I’m finding it appears to have so would be good to know how it was ordered if this is possible. Thanks

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
If you want a complete listing of what your car has, there is a company called autoDNA which can provide it all for a reasonable 6.40€. I got a copy for mine and it is quite comprehensive. Just input your VIN.

Steve

Reactions: Senninha

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So yesterday, with a positive weather forecast for today, I set about thoroughly washing the Tiguan, then took to it with a clay bar and OMG, the paint was so bad as it took around 2 hours to achieve a really smooth finish but I knew this would be repaid when I got to mopping and sealing the paintwork.

The detailed washing included all the hard to reach places like door jams, the double weather strip at the base of the doors etc, you all know the bits I’m talking about, especially the multiple ‘grille’ areas in the front bumper that accumulate dirt in their corners.

It was a cold and damp start to today so spent some time on the wheels and interior before starting with the Rupes polisher with their green pad and cutting compound.

My good lady had treated me to the new AutoGlym ceramic product and to ensure I could achieve good results I was advised to use a panel wipe before its application. I have to admit to being nervous about using the product and read the instructions a couple of times.

Thankfully the valeting gods were kind to me and provided a warm day with some sunshine and a gentle breeze …

By the time I’d finished the light had dropped so I didn’t get a full car finished photo so here’s a few reflective shots that hopefully bode well for tomorrow …

Water Cloud Plant Sky Natural landscape

Packaging and labeling Gas Font Carton Brand

Automotive parking light Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Water

Plant Automotive tire Tree Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One option that hadn’t been applied to the car was rear tints … having come from a line of ownership which have had this for the past 10 yrs or so, it was on our early to do list. So as well a taking a few photos of the finished valet, took a few more in the workshop where we had the tints applied … very please with the results and Nick who installed the tints is a really knowledgeable and helpful guy so happy to share his details if there’s any interested …

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts