Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned from having my windows tinted (rear) and delighted with results. Really sets it off I think.
Went for 20% Tint which with the factory fitted 65% brings it to circa 13%. :D
Unfortunatley its raining in Glasgow today so not it cleanest...

Sean

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice !!! Wish I could do it here in Malaysia .

Due to strict RTD regulation Im running on 3M Crystalline 60 for front screen and 3M SecuriShield 50 for sides and rear .

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
The car looks so much better with the added tint, i have had mine tinted too but with 15%, really satisfied with the look.

·
Registered
34 Posts
In NY USA I failed safety inspection on my car because the new law says you can not have glass in the forward side windows that any darker than factory tint. I had 2 cars I had to un-tint. Trick I realized was WD-40 makes it easy. Wish I could tint my new Tiguan.

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,582 Posts
In the Uk you can tint any windows behind the central door pillars, including the rear windscreen, to any tint you like, but the front side windows must by law let through 70% of the light, and windscreen 75% (70% for cars built before 1st April 1985).
You should also inform your insurance company if you've tinted your windows darker than factory spec, or you may invalidate your insurance.

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts