Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

So.....after a long wait since July, finally collected my new Tig SEL 150 DSG 4 Motion White.

Dealer spent some 2 hours explaning both existing and new technology, and my head was spinning!.... so if you have are awaiting for delivery on yours, would suggest that you allocate the same amount of time or longer, and the same again at home with a well thumbed manual.

I was the one that posted a ferw weeks ago 'starting to get worried' in relation to one or two members bad experiences since pick up and after reading some calming and helpful members comments started to look forward to the day.

Yesterday done 150 mile trip on local rural roads to try it out. As far as i can gather everthing works including the foot boot !!. so very pleased
Similar to a number of people on this form, I have owned a great deal of cars in the past including a number of SUV,s BMW, Honda, Ford etc. Up to now this car is without dought the best overall.

Pros; Comfort, Quiet, Build quality, space in both front and boot area. A spare wheel at last!
Extra Pros; ACC, LED headlights [amazing], Keyless entry. Infotainment centre.

Cons; Getting 39 mpg driving very carefully; however i am sure this will improve in the next few weeks.

Like a number of people mentioned, cant really see any major benefits of Car Net on a day to day basis. May use it for trips to new places and maybe getting further info [POI } when abroad....however must watch my data use if using the mobile hotspot etc. Does anybody use it on a regular basis ? and for what purposes?
I must say that this forum has been very helpful in that on two occasions i managed quickly to get the correct answer on a tech issue, where i was not pressing the correct button etc .
So for those who are awaiting, ~I hope it comes soon and hopefully like me you wont be 'worried' or disappointed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry ; One Question please;

On full keyless entry if you walk away [with the key] from a unlocked car will it self lock after a time?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ordered mine October 3rd. Stated for December 30th atm here in Iceland.

Congrats on the car buddy. Sounds like you like it. Would love to hear more once you've done more miles.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Dave said:

On full keyless entry if you walk away [with the key] from a unlocked car will it self lock after a time?
Must admit not tried it on mine, but there's no mention of it in manual :?:

Steve

·
Registered
70 Posts
gerge said:
Ordered my tiguan in july and I´m still waiting for a confirmed production week... Slow goings in Finland...
I hear you, 20th JUNE here, still no confirmed production week.
I'm on the verge of cancelling....

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Good news to hear you have at long last got your Tig 'Dave'.........'Enjoy' :D as 'Negativepitch' says would love to see some pics soon ;)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi raven, gerge
Only just got mind confirmed yesterday - for production in 2 weeks.

It is also what the dealer gave me as a potential build date -

I was of the same opinion that o continent it was much slower than UK, hang in there guys!!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Dave said:

I haven't got 'keyless' 'Dave' ...I think I may have read this wrong :?: But.... my experience on this Tig if I push the button to open via the key-fob and do not open a door within a set time it will lock itself automatically

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Stumpy.

Yes have tried that just now....... and you are correct. Although I must not get into a habit of walking away from a unlocked car, which if I am honest have done a few times in the past.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Dave said:
Hi Stumpy.

Yes have tried that just now....... and you are correct. Although I must not get into a habit of walking away from a unlocked car, which if I am honest have done a few times in the past.
We have this on our yaris which turns out to be a pain, you ask the wife to unlock the car from inside the house, you get to the car with an arm full of boxes in the rain, get to the car and it has locked its self. :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts