Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming from a Golf with a reverse camera built into the automatic boot handle I was surprised the Tiguan had not gone down the same route as believed it would be a backwards step as the camera was open to the elements and likely to get dirty.

Surprisingly over the last week Ive noticed this was not the case and it was keeping cleaner than I thought.

Then I saw this

It explains why.

Pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Wow...I will check this out... Thanks for the heads up 'Wsbtaylor' ;) :) :cool:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've mentioned in the forum previously, about the camera getting obscured, however I never noticed if it has a separate washer, looks like it works along with the rear window wash/wipe. This could save the hassle of sending the wife out to clean it! :lol:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Just my opinion but I have reservations on whether this camera lens washing system is up to the job of cleaning off baked on road grime and salt during the winter months, hence the reason I didn't specify this option on my wife's R-Line.

I have also read in other forums that the Mk2 Tiguan 'rear end' appears to aero dynamically attract dirt and grime more than the Mk1 ........maybe you guys will prove me right or wrong in the coming autumnal months :?: :|

·
Registered
835 Posts
I did read that on the qashqai it has a water jet to wash the lens it then squirts a small amount of air to dry it,
Having come from one and having discussed it in one of the forums, members came up with the same conclusion that they dont come with it. nice idea though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts