Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have had Landrover Freelanders for the past 15 years and apart from some reliability nightmares with two recent Freelanders 2s I am very happy with the vehicles. The problem that I have now is that my warranty runs out in April 17 and I can't get myself worked up to buy an Evoque or a Discovery Sport. This is for a variety of reasons but fundamentally Landrover has become very successful by going for the Chelsea Tractor market and have pushed the prices up to ridiculous levels such that a decent DS will cost around £40k. So I have been looking at the competition and the Tiguan seems very appealing although I haven't actually sat in one yet.
I am sure that the Tiguan is comfortable and nice to drive but I would like to know what sort of things go wrong and what are the common faults.(eg the Freelander 2, which is basically a Ford underneath, has a lot of problems with the Haldex unit and rear diff bearings). Any comments or suggestions welcome.
PS my son has a Toureg which he is very happy with.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Evoque - no no no no ! - you will regret it ! and it looks like a fat lass has sat on the roof to tie up her shoelaces

Tiguan - yes yes yes.....and as yet no issues.....and its looks the part....and it works.....and it will be lightyears more relaible than the Evoque - plus for less than £40 you will get a fully loaded car that works and continues to work !

Thats just my view - but the Tiguan looks a beast in Tungsten Silver !

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Evoque - no no no no ! - you will regret it ! and it looks like a fat lass has sat on the roof to tie up her shoelaces

Tiguan - yes yes yes.....and as yet no issues.....and its looks the part....and it works.....and it will be lightyears more relaible than the Evoque - plus for less than £40 you will get a fully loaded car that works and continues to work !

Thats just my view - but the Tiguan looks a beast in Tungsten Silver !

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
41 Posts
We bought our Tiguan after having to take the reluctant decision to reject our Discovery Sport due to a huge list of issues, some of which LR couldnt fix and others were very invasive (welding!)

We are super pleased with the Tiguan and it gives us almost everything the Land Rover did, bar 7 seats and as Terrier said "it just works" we havent had any issues at all in just over 2000 miles, MPG is good (considerably better than the DS)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Head Statue Bodybuilding Chest Cool

Always had a love for Landrovers and have had a Defender 90 (ex demo) and 2 disco's new, (leather, auto etc). Of the 3 the 90 to me was the best and had it for 6yrs.... but my wife would differ. The 2 disco's I would not keep more than 3 yrs due to the end of warranty, as I was always wondering what leak (oil/ hydraulics) I would have next. There words to me, that it is part & partial owning a Landie and having leaks hmmm not when your paying out 38-40 k + of hard earned money.
There is no comparison between the two.. for comfort, build quality, and being quieter, her indoors will tell you, and agree myself...... but a major + in all of this will be better reliability and by far cheaper servicing. I just think the picture above says it all :oops: :lol: I don't for one minute you will be disappointed with this new 'Tig' and the tech on her. :D

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts