Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

when i ordered the Tiguan i foolishly thought that Lane assist included adaptive lane guidance, watched too many u-tube video's titled lane assist!., however now that its arrived I've discovered that adaptive lane guidance is not included.

I asked the service manager today about retro coding it and he says "No way", surely all i need is its software enabled, seeing as i would think all the other hardware is present in the car.

any thoughts people?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Looking at the manaul, I see that there are 2 items which refer to lane management.

The first is called Lane Assist - this is the system which keeps you within the current lane you're travelling in, and alerts you if you deviate.
The second is calle Side Assist - this part of the system will alert you if there is traffic in your blind spot when changing lanes.

As far as I can tell, there are no other lane management systems on the new Tiguan.

Which do you have, and which did you want ?

I beleive that Lane Assist will require an additional camera mounted in the base of the rear-view mirror.
Whilst Side Assist uses cameras mounted in the underside of the wing mirrors (along with radar).

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have a Lane Assist in my SE Nav. There is as well adaptive lane guidance but it needs to be activated (box ticked) from infotainment system.

When adaptive lane guidance is active ⇒ Activating or deactivating adaptive lane guidance , the lane keeping system does not just provide assistance when the vehicle is at risk of leaving the lane. If the system detects both lane markings to the left and right of the vehicle, the function provides permanent assistance while the vehicle is in motion.
The system adopts the preferred position within the lane in which the vehicle is travelling. For example, if the vehicle is being driven slightly off-centre in the lane, the system will learn to adopt the new position within a short period of time.
Activating or deactivating adaptive lane guidance

Adaptive lane guidance can be activated or deactivated using the CAR button and the SETTINGS* and DRIVER ASSISTANCE function buttons in the infotainment system ⇒ Operation and display in the infotainment system .

Depending on the equipment level, adaptive land guidance may not be available in some countries.

·
Registered
202 Posts
In Europe lane assist is standard on all models. Only side assist is added extra.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have the option to tick adaptive lane guidance in the infotainment system (highline model), only lane assist, it would seem to be an optional extra from the factory with no dealer retrofit option in Ireland, seems silly when all the hardware is in place just needs a software upgrade to enable it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
chris500ie said:
I don't have the option to tick adaptive lane guidance in the infotainment system (highline model), only lane assist
I DO have it on my highline tig. Both checkboxes ticked. Nice to have it on highways, steers the wheel, warns me to take the control occasionally. Sometimes I don't know who is steering, me or the car.
I'm afraid I'll forget how to drive other cars. ;)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yes I have it on my highline too

·
Registered
30 Posts
JonP said:
Yes I have it on my highline too
Hi,

Does lane assist only have two colors to know if it's on or not? Orange for active but not on, and green active and is on.

In some models like the toureg I saw in YouTube, it has 3 colors, gray for active but not on, orange for fault, and green for active and is on?

Thanks

·
Registered
627 Posts
Yes. Blank is off. Orange is it is active but hasn't found a lane to follow, green is it is on and has locked in a lane. I assume it might / would go red if a fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Bhuna said:
Yes. Blank is off. Orange is it is active but hasn't found a lane to follow, green is it is on and has locked in a lane. I assume it might / would go red if a fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks a million Bhuna..

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Just as an aside to this, if you have the head up display you can also get a picture of the lane guidance system there as well, mirroring that on the dashboard.

Steve

·
Registered
90 Posts
Essjay said:
Just as an aside to this, if you have the head up display you can also get a picture of the lane guidance system there as well, mirroring that on the dashboard.

Steve
or that sounds good. do you know what else can be put on the HUD?, I can't find much info on it anywhere!

·
Registered
953 Posts
chris500ie said:
I don't have the option to tick adaptive lane guidance in the infotainment system (highline model), only lane assist, it would seem to be an optional extra from the factory with no dealer retrofit option in Ireland, seems silly when all the hardware is in place just needs a software upgrade to enable it.
Can I ask! What is the difference between lane assist and Lane guidance? When I google lane guidance it sends me back to this topic

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
snailofsatan said:
Essjay said:

Steve
or that sounds good. do you know what else can be put on the HUD?, I can't find much info on it anywhere!
The Head-up-display settings can be set by selecting Car, Settings, Head-up-display.

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Mike, I don't think there's any difference. Technically speaking it should be Lane Assist, but I suppose it's Lane Guidance as well, or even Lane Keeping System as shown in the table above. ;)

Steve

·
Registered
953 Posts
Essjay said:
Mike, I don't think there's any difference. Technically speaking it should be Lane Assist, but I suppose it's Lane Guidance as well, or even Lane Keeping System as shown in the table above. ;)

Steve
Thanks Steve, now that's easier than spending hour looking for something that is not :?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Essjay said:
snailofsatan said:
Essjay said:

Steve
The Head-up-display settings can be set by selecting Car, Settings, Head-up-display.

IMG_1917.JPG

Steve
Ah great, thanks, surely it's a case of leaving it all visable then

·
Registered
90 Posts
as far as I understand it (+ see SlimPollack's post earlier) they are different things:

Lane Assist - if your car goes over the white line it pulls you back
Adaptive Lane Guidance - tries to keep you in the preferred position (ie the centre of the carriageway so that you don't get to the white line and use Lane Assist)
And the manual says that Traffic Jam Assist is also turned on with Adaptive Lane Guidance (TJA controls speed + steering under 37mph)

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have used Lane Assist both with and without Adaptive Lane guidance and I find that Lane Assist tries to keep you in the centre of the lane and provides a slight tug on the steering wheel if you move too much off centre.

If you enable Adaptive lane Guidance it monitors your preferred position in the lane (Some people prefer to drive nearer the right of the lane, others the left. Once it has worked out which position in the lane you prefer to drive in it alters Lane Assist to keep you in that position.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts