Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out in the wife's SEAT this afternoon and forget the fact that I forgot you had to use the clutch and stalled the car at the first set of trafic lights, I must say that I was shocked that how much easier it's to drive the tiggy down the road with the lane assist, I must of looked like a drunk driver in the SEAT I was all over the road, and I for one thought the lane assist was a waist of time

·
Registered
18 Posts
Each to their own but we couldn't turn ours off fast enough after collecting the Tig

·
Registered
433 Posts
Certainly a strange feeling initially, I'll try for a little longer but may switch off if I can't get used to it.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
We have switched it off......just call me 'old school' ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
433 Posts
stumpy said:
OK Stumpy old school it is then :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mine is off 90% of the time. The remaining 10% is when I'm on dual carriage way for long periods or motorway where it becomes amazing thing to have

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Timbo said:
stumpy said:
OK Stumpy old school it is then :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :arrow: :arrow: :idea: :idea: ;) ;) :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have every safety system on. No point being a hero. No point having the system if you don't use it. In saying that, you really should be able to stay within your lane without it ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
steve_t said:
I have every safety system on. No point being a hero. No point having the system if you don't use it. In saying that, you really should be able to stay within your lane without it ;)
My issue with it was when switching lanes on a dual carriageway, a very strange feeling.

Can't really say I've ever had issues with staying in lane previously so ours will be staying off. Like I say each to their own but it definitely was not for us.

·
Registered
627 Posts
wedg123 said:
steve_t said:
My issue with it was when switching lanes on a dual carriageway, a very strange feeling.

Can't really say I've ever had issues with staying in lane previously so ours will be staying off. Like I say each to their own but it definitely was not for us.
I thought it turned itself off for a few seconds if you indicate before changing lanes as it then knows to expect a lane change.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Timbo, when stumpy started driving you had a orphan boy walking with a red flag in front of you :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Bhuna said:
wedg123 said:
steve_t said:

I thought it turned itself off for a few seconds if you indicate before changing lanes as it then knows to expect a lane change.
It may well do, can't say I tested it - however I can't say I always indicate out and back in again on a quiet dual carriageway with nothing behind me

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
FTT said:
Timbo, when stumpy started driving you had a orphan boy walking with a red flag in front of you :D
Glasses Vision care Hat Jaw Eyewear

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: FTT, wait till I see you ;) :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
wedg123 said:
steve_t said:

Perhaps try using the indicators and it momentarily deactivated it......

·
Registered
18 Posts
ChrisLeggett said:
wedg123 said:
steve_t said:

It may well do, do you indicate out and back in again on quiet dual carriageways with nothing behind you every single time?? I'm sorry but I do not (awful driver).

Like I say really wasn't for me but that's just my opinion.....

·
Registered
485 Posts
wedg123 said:
ChrisLeggett said:
wedg123 said:

It may well do, do you indicate out and back in again on quiet dual carriageways with nothing behind you every single time?? I'm sorry but I do not (awful driver).

Like I say really wasn't for me but that's just my opinion.....
I did the advanced driving course and was instructed to never indicate unless there was someone there to see it. The reasoning was that you should avoid it becoming an automatic thing and get complacent about it. Was also taught not to indicate to pull back in from an overtake on a dual carriageway/motorway, as it's unnecessary if you're leaving good spacing to the vehicle behind.

I switched on the Lane Assist during my test drive but didn't really know what it was until it cut in a couple of times and it was only afterwards that I realised what the "dodgy steering" actually was. :lol:

·
Registered
446 Posts
I would indicate out and back in, makes it look like you're doing something intentional and not wandering around!

·
Registered
81 Posts
c_w said:
I would indicate out and back in, makes it look like you're doing something intentional and not wandering around!
Totally agree.... how is the car in front (vehicle being overtaken) supposed to know what you are doing? If you indicate to move out and then in again all drivers know what is happening.

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,584 Posts
Breezer said:
I did the advanced driving course and was instructed to never indicate unless there was someone there to see it.
But surely if you're overtaking someone on a dual carriageway, and pulling back in again, the there is someone there to see it. ;)

Steve

·
Registered
485 Posts
See the paragraph that starts "However..." - http://www.iam-bristol.org.uk/index.php/articles/associate-s-guide/56-signalling

I'm not saying anyone is wrong, I'm just saying I was taught that unnecessary indicating should be avoided, and that indicating left after a safely executed overtake was unnecessary.

Anyway, I'll be leaving Lane Assist on for safety's sake and will learn to live with it. 😊

1 - 20 of 50 Posts