Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone. I am new to this forum and I am just thinking about ordering a Tiguan 150 TDi DSG R-Line in white with tyre pressure sensors. However I am being told that lead times are currently 17-20 weeks. The problem I have is that I have a car to trade in.(VW Passat Executive Style). I have been quoted a value for trade in currently. This may appear a silly question but, once I place an order with them, do they have to honour the trade in value or do I find out what it will be only when the car is ready? My opinion is that once I have placed the order and they have agreed trade-in price, that is what they must honour as they have entered into a contract.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
:) Welcome to the forum WalkingWizzard....I'll think you will find that the dealership will know the waiting time and will have given you a trade in for that particular time ahead.....That's what normaly happens. They will have had a good look at the car you are trading in and obviously adjust the trade in price if unfortunately you have it damaged in the mean time whilst waiting.....So yes they should honour it as you have entered into a contract with them. Good choice of colour for the R-Line by the way :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
From my experience yes they will honour it even if your car is delayed.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Same here when I ordered back in November my dealer gave me a trade in value based on getting car for 1st March. Dilivery is delayed expecting end of April so month late but dealer sticking by trade in value we agreed.

The R Line is still on a long lead time but well worth the wait.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Check the small print. There is, usually, a clause allowing the dealer to revalue your trade in if the new car delivery exceeds a certain time, if you exceed a certain number of miles, or If the condition of your trade in is different to when they first valued it.

Having said all that, they do generally, in my experience, just give you what they said. Just to be sure though I specifically asked the salesman when I bought my last car and delivery took over 3 months. You should clarify it with them. In writing given the delays on the Tiguans!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hello and welcome , I agreed a price and trade in on my Touran SE Famliy 2016. I signed the paper work on 2/3/2017. I asked the dealer if the price for my car would remain the same as it was build week 18 ( 1st May) He said yes, I then reminded him I may be going to the south of France :cool: in June putting around 2000 miles on the clock , he said my new car should be there well before then (around June 1st) ,but if not the trade in price will remain the same :p
Hope this helps

Tiguan SWB SE Nav 2.0 TDI 2WD 150PS 7-Speed
Dark Moss Green Metallic
Winter Pack Front Heated Seats
Adaptive Cruise
Door Sill Trim Black & Silver
Park Assite with Rear view Camara.
Service Plan

5 Year extended Warranty

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Many thanks to all who took the time to comment. The dealer has sent me all the finance paperwork and, yes, they will honour the price given.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts