Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
181 - 200 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
I work for an EV charging company and can say that I spend a lot of time maintaining public charge points!
It is getting better though and we have started rolling out more rapid chargers too now.

I have a semi EV van (London taxi but van) and as my first experience of EV is great. I love the on demand power. Can only imagine what it’s like in a Tesla or something of that ilk.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I work for an EV charging company and can say that I spend a lot of time maintaining public charge points!
It is getting better though and we have started rolling out more rapid chargers too now.

I have a semi EV van (London taxi but van) and as my first experience of EV is great. I love the on demand power. Can only imagine what it’s like in a Tesla or something of that ilk.
I also find that business soon find out where free public charge points are. We have four PodPoints at our local Tesco and it is common to see a London Taxi (EV) plugged in regularly and for a lot longer than it takes to shop. Think they live locally and park their taxi on the Tesco charge point. Also the free PodPoints at a local railway station are often all in use by DPD delivery vans.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
863 Posts

Ah yes, your "van" I see is indeed a London taxi as that dashboard photo in the other thread is exactly the same as the Volvo dashboard - now both London Taxi and Volvo owned by Geely.

Reactions: Sparkie1984

·
Registered
880 Posts
Ah yes, your "van" I see is indeed a London taxi as that dashboard photo in the other thread is exactly the same as the Volvo dashboard - now both London Taxi and Volvo owned by Geely.
That’s the one ! To be fair for a van it’s pretty nice

Reactions: A1VWD

·
Registered
Ordered 19/09/21 Tiguan R-Line 1.5 DSG, as standard
1 Posts
Hi all, just popping on to say we have had another unconfirmed build week of 37 today. On order from 19/09/21-Tiguan R-line 1.5 no extras. Really want to cancel but also know we won’t find a used one cheaper…I am not a patient person!

·
Registered
697 Posts
If you cancel your order is really will be cancelled? Maybe dealer will give your car to another guy with the really good delivery date and price will be increased too :rolleyes:
What I read recently is that the dealer doesn’t automatically get that slot. Yes the slot is not deleted, it becomes a place in the queue that someone can jump on but it goes back to the general VW schedule available for any dealer to pick up. Sure the dealer in question has the jump on the others being the first to know that it is becoming available but there is no guarantee that they will get it.

I think the order has to be on the way to the dealer for the dealer to automatically get it.

Cheers,

Nigel

Reactions: A1VWD

·
Registered
255 Posts
What I read recently is that the dealer doesn’t automatically get that slot. Yes the slot is not deleted, it becomes a place in the queue that someone can jump on but it goes back to the general VW schedule available for any dealer to pick up. Sure the dealer in question has the jump on the others being the first to know that it is becoming available but there is no guarantee that they will get it.

I think the order has to be on the way to the dealer for the dealer to automatically get it.

Cheers,

Nigel
That's exactly what I was told. If the car isn't yet in the programme there is no slot as such so the order is just deleted. If the car is in the plan it goes out to general VW release. The dealers don't get any priority over it other than they have a head start knowing it will become available. Only if the car is built and basically on its way does it go to the dealer - but not many cars are cancelled at that stage. I gather there is also some difference between cars ordered through the dealer showroom and those ordered through brokers like DtD and Autoebid. In my case the dealer has two systems and one lot doesn't have access to the other lot's system.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I was told I was on a cancelled amended order to bring the car home quicker, not exactly sure what that means and I only have order confirmed email from VW nothing else thus far. Time will tell as I get updates.

·
Registered
Allspace R line 245 Tsi 4motion DSG
2,332 Posts
I was told I was on a cancelled amended order to bring the car home quicker, not exactly sure what that means and I only have order confirmed email from VW nothing else thus far. Time will tell as I get updates.
A cancelled amended order is where a prospective buyer changes spec somewhere but the build is 'committed' so a new order has to be made. That original spec and slot will be adhered to as the way things stand they'll be able to sell it hundreds of times over.
Your required spec obviously matched one that didn't (yet) have a particular destination

·
Registered
880 Posts
Probably the same as My order then as that was a cancelled order with a couple of extras

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello!

I ordered on the 10th of Dec, 12 days before you, initially given week 28, then 32. However, it is unconfirmed and I’m expecting few more build week changes before getting a confirmed one.
So I’m expecting a October/December 2022 Delivery at this point. It’s a miracle if it happens quicker but who knows.

What variant and specs have you ordered, if you don’t mind me asking?
Hi sorry for the delayed reply, I didn't receive a notification :confused:

I've ordered a 1.5 TSI R Line in white with the pano roof, side steps, and area camera. After a period of having no bw at all I've now been told bw 2, but have said they're confident it will drop further in a few weeks...wishful thinking?!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #194 ·

I've ordered a 1.5 TSI R Line in white with the pano roof, side steps, and area camera. After a period of having no bw at all I've now been told bw 2, but have said they're confident it will drop further in a few weeks...wishful thinking?!
I wouldn’t be surprised if our cars are delivered in 2023, and who knows when in 2023 :cry:

·
Registered
343 Posts

When did you place the order, would help guesstimate the potential build timeframe. Generally past orders (June21) have been taking 12 months. Some are waiting a little longer than that.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I also think some models and engines are def taking longer, not sure if due to parts or due to emission targets (which should not really have been a prob with the lack of deliveries over the past year)

·
Registered
697 Posts
I also think some models and engines are def taking longer, not sure if due to parts or due to emission targets (which should not really have been a prob with the lack of deliveries over the past year)
The emission targets are a problem no matter how many cars you sell because it is the average emission of all cars sold. Think the average needs to be below 95, and if the average is above that the fine is €95 times the number of cars sold.

I imagine that VW are just viewing the target as impossible this year, probably the next too as they really need to be making a lot of pure EVs to bring the average down - so my guess is that they are just accepting it and paying the fine.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
My 245 Tsi Allspace turned up in 19 weeks, can't see any issue with engine spec there (just saying)

·
Registered
32 Posts
My 245 Tsi Allspace turned up in 19 weeks, can't see any issue with engine spec there (just saying)
Your Allspace was built in Mexico I think, which is located in another universe, unaffected by the worldwide shortage of components which has crippled Wofsberg :unsure:

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Your Allspace was built in Mexico I think, which is located in another universe, unaffected by the worldwide shortage of components which has crippled Wofsberg :unsure:
Aside from that :) it's not related to emissions though. There was another forum member who had a 245 Wolfsburg made delivered a few weeks back

181 - 200 of 223 Posts