Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Booked our A6 in today for its first MOT next month and whilst visiting the Audi dealer, popped in past a Skoda dealer close by to show my wife the Skoda Kodiaq and to get an idea of the difference in size with the Tiguan. We'll probably be placing an order in the summer for autumn delivery

Nice enough car with a few neat features so it got me thinking if the Skoda might be a better option. I had a look on my employers personal leasing site tonight to get an idea of the differences in cost between three closely related specs between Tiguan, Kodiaq and the SEAT Ateca, especially when trying to get comparable options across the three

These are all 3 month deposit + 36 payments with no maintenance deals at 10k miles p/a

Quite a difference in cost, which I can only assume is perhaps down to perhaps worse estimates for residuals for the other two - the VW is looking by far the cheapest, even more so in 2WD which I also did a quote for

·
Registered
31 Posts
The Kodiaq is not a bad car and size wise very similar in dimensions to the Tiguan but don't see how people can compare the Tiguan to the Ateca .. I personally think the Ateca is far too similar to the Mrk 1 Tiguan and looks out of date already

·
Registered
125 Posts
It might also reflect the levels of discount available at present over £3k on a Tig, £750 odd on an Ateca and zero on a Kodiak. When I specced up a Kodiak to the same level as the Tig I'm getting, it cost more and we don't need the extra space. The overarching negative with the Tig in reviews has been the cost which seems to be being addressed in the levels of discount, bringing it back into touch with the competition. It will be intereting when the other two are more established and bigger discounts are available on them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts