Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new on here as a Tiguan owner-to-be...

I'm likely to be ordering a Tiguan soon (likely to be an R-Line or SEL), possibly via personal lease, and was wondering if anybody has had much success with getting VW dealers to match the best prices offered by the Contracthireandleasing comparison website - and if so, which dealer was it?

Also, can anyone suggest any other leasing websites to try?

I may also consider a PCP on either a new or used Tiguan, if it works out cheaper. We usually change cars every 3 years, so I'm thinking of a 3 year deal - if I were to purchase the car at the end of the 36 months, is it normal to make a small profit on the car if I were to then sell it (thus possibly making it cheaper than a personal lease deal)?

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I used CarWow as a starting point to get keenish pricing for particular combinations of options.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Tig9971 said:
Hi all, I'm new on here as a Tiguan owner-to-be...

I'm likely to be ordering a Tiguan soon (likely to be an R-Line or SEL), possibly via personal lease, and was wondering if anybody has had much success with getting VW dealers to match the best prices offered by the Contracthireandleasing comparison website - and if so, which dealer was it?

Also, can anyone suggest any other leasing websites to try?

I may also consider a PCP on either a new or used Tiguan, if it works out cheaper. We usually change cars every 3 years, so I'm thinking of a 3 year deal - if I were to purchase the car at the end of the 36 months, is it normal to make a small profit on the car if I were to then sell it (thus possibly making it cheaper than a personal lease deal)?

Any help would be much appreciated.
CHL usually show Main Dealers and Brokers on their site, if you go with a broker expect to pay there fees on top of the deal, try the Whatcar Leasing Website which only shows deals being offered by Main Dealers, there are still variations in the deals being offered so pick what is the best for you and take it from there. Bear in mind that most lease cars are built to order so factor this into your calculations as there can be a long waiting list.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Take a look at What Car leasing. I got main dealer prices better then other sites and was then able to negotiate them down even further. My new one comes tomorrow ☺

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies so far. I've looked at the What Car leasing site, and it's a good guide for the best of the 'standard' main dealer lease offerings. I've found the CHL site to be a little cheaper so far, even taking into account their additional fee.

Am I right in thinking that if you plan to return the car after 3 years, a personal lease (after shopping around) is usually a good deal cheaper than going down the PCP route?

With PCP you seem to be paying a fairly hefty premium for the option to purchase the car at the end of the contract term, although I appreciate it works for some, and using the discount brokers such as Carwow, DrivetheDeal etc is a good way to get the main dealer price down.

Reading through some old threads on here, it seems that there were some crazy low priced lease deals available last September......anybody know whether that's likely to happen again this year.....?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Also bought on PCH and local dealer bettered the best on line deal I could find. I plan of changing mine very 2 years so no point buying on PCP.

Also, it is not normal to expect to make a small profit if you buy at the end of a PCP. It may happen, but don't plan on it! Chances are the market will be flooded with used Tiguan's in 2-3 years so I wouldn't expect used prices to be high unless VW try and fix the market.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The best lease deals have long gone i'm afraid. I also got my lease via main dealer and ordered August last year.

The great thing about leasing from VW is that they do give you a option to buy or extend the lease at the end of the 2 years.

With leasing, you have to be flexible on the make/model if you want a great deal. Also only have the standard kit.

If you want a certain make/model with certain kit, then a option other than lease is best.

Good luck on your hunt.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Try Vertu Motors. Cheapest at time I signed my deal. By a country mile.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts