Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

The VW web site is vague on what you get with leather seats. On the SEL I see that choosing leather removes the massage seat and the heated seat options but I thought the leather had heated seats in the front?

I read elsewhere on the forum that the seats are electric, but I think it is only on the drivers side? And there is memory, but how many settings can you store?

Sorry, I'm looking for detail before I feel comfortable spending quite a lot for that option.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

·
Registered
463 Posts
My Sel seats are leather but only the back and base is leather. My front seats are heated both base and back. Only drivers is electric and stores settings for 3 people and icludes mirror setting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Beagler.

My dealer just rang and told me that the leather seats are heated in the front and, as you say, only the drivers seat is electric. But they also said that the SEL doesn't have memory but the R Line does have memory for 2 settings...

When you say only the back and the base are leather, which bits aren't?

BTW, your spec sounds great. Similar to what I am thinking of but with even more. Very nice!

·
Registered
463 Posts
There are buttons on the right seat base. " SET, 1,2,3 " Manual says with ignition on and in N, hold SET for 1 sec then press 1 and a bleep will sound and seat and door mirror positions are stored. The bits that arent leather are the rest ie. Only the bits your bum and back rest on are leather. I think there is a note in the brochure.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sounds strange, in Sweden if you choose leather, you get leather all around.
You aren't mixing it up with the microfiber seats?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Nope I had the same question as you and contacted vw customer service. Just email with the same question.

Page 33 brochure

Some parts of leather interior will contain artificial leather.
Please note: Swatches reproduced for illustration purposes only. Actual upholstery colours may vary from those shown, as print processes do not allow exact reproduction of the upholstery colours.
06 07
RL SE SEL
08 09 10
SE SEL SE SEL RL

·
Registered
123 Posts
on the R line tiguan the non leather seats have cloth middles and plastic immitation leather on the outside some manufactures like merc & mazda refer to it as leatherette

1 - 7 of 7 Posts