1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
What's puzzling is description is "W24W CANbus CREE LED" which would suggest the Cree bulbs are already canbus compatible, so why the Phillips controller???

How legit is this company, could these in fact be fake Cree, and therefore need the controller?

Just my eternally suspicious mind.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tricky, I'm a total noob in modifying cars.

Well, the seller told the reason it'll need a controller is to cancel the error that the car dashboard encounters thinking the light bulbs are broken (consuming alot less power).

Not sure how all of that electronics work, I just want to make sure if it'll damage my car....

·
Registered
953 Posts
jeffc said:
Thanks Tricky, I'm a total noob in modifying cars.

Well, the seller told the reason it'll need a controller is to cancel the error that the car dashboard encounters thinking the light bulbs are broken (consuming alot less power).

Not sure how all of that electronics work, I just want to make sure if it'll damage my car....
A lot of electrical things in the car like lights are controlled though a controller J519 this controller looks at your lights and if you have short circuit on a bulb or a open circuit it will error and in most cases put a light on the dash to warn you! Be warned I have seen cases were people have changed bulbs in there car and blown this controller J519 and a new one has to be set up by VW as it also works the car locking, if you did change bulbs for non standard you would void your warranty and this controller is not cheap

1 - 4 of 4 Posts