Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking to purchase some of those projector light thingymibobs, which project the logo onto the ground. (chavtastic but I don't care).

I've found some that are a direct replacement for the existing units, so happy days I thought. However, I cant recall ever having seen any light coming from these when the doors are open. Are these something that I can configure to work through the car menu or have VW just stuck dummy units in to fill a hole?.

Will have to wait until the weekend until I can get out and prise one of them out to see if there is any wiring in place.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi Dave9_3

Think youll find that the lights you are referring to are "Puddle Lights" which if my memory serves me right are actually positioned in the base of the door mirror housing.

I know Seat have their logo on the Seat Ateca projected from the puddle lights and Im not aware of any VW variant that has this logo feature so I would be interested to see images or a website link of the units you have purchased.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RichyP said:
I think Toblerone69 had bought some after market lights for the doors here:

http://www.tiguanforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=764

Not sure if they have been fitted yet though?
Yes they're the puppies.

I have the puddle lights in the mirror bases, and these work as expected. Perhaps what I am seeing in the doors then is just a red reflector. Had a look through the menus on the car tonight and couldn't see any way of activating these if indeed they are lights.
On my previous car these were functioning red lights presumably to mark the presence of an open door to traffic approaching from behind.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Dave9_3 said:
Perhaps what I am seeing in the doors then is just a red reflector.
I am not aware of any VW with a active light pack so it is probably just a reflector.

Dave9_3 said:
On my previous car these were functioning red lights presumably to mark the presence of an open door to traffic approaching from behind.
On my previous Audi cars there was the option of a 'Light Pack" which I always specified for the reasons you have mentioned!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hantshog said:
I thought they were electrically connected, but they are just reflectors only.
Ah well good job I hadn't ordered them then.

@ toblerone - as you are not UK based, can you confirm you have functioning lights where U.K. Cars appear to have just reflectors fitted?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts