Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for info, I was on Live Chat yesterday to try to get an issue sorted. At one point I got asked for my order number, VIN number, full name, postal address, email address and phone number. I asked why and was told that they had to gather all information before they could pass on my query.

Given that the Live Chat is hosted on an insecure web page, I naturally declined.

Please be aware that any information over live chat, or via any insecure web page for that matter, can be captured.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just been on myself a few minutes ago and they requested my name after I gave them the order number. First contact earlier this week just needed order number.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Seems extreme, I've only ever been asked for name, order number an model of car

·
Registered
90 Posts
Breezer said:
Just for info, I was on Live Chat yesterday to try to get an issue sorted. At one point I got asked for my order number, VIN number, full name, postal address, email address and phone number. I asked why and was told that they had to gather all information before they could pass on my query.

Given that the Live Chat is hosted on an insecure web page, I naturally declined.

Please be aware that any information over live chat, or via any insecure web page for that matter, can be captured.
thanks for the headsup

·
Registered
627 Posts
I give order number and then have been asked to confirm an element of the order. Such as colour or add ons I've selected to confirm it's my order before they give out details. Never been asked address etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Previously, I'd only ever been asked for first name and order number.

Because they were going to (supposedly) pass my query on to another team, that's when she went into data harvesting mode.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you're on a private password protected network it should be ok, if it's a public one particularly one without password security it is especially risky

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Matt

If the stream is not encrypted when it hits the Internet, it's open season. No locked padlock symbol = no protection.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Breezer said:
Hi Matt

If the stream is not encrypted when it hits the Internet, it's open season. No locked padlock symbol = no protection.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just had a 'LiveChat' and only order number required for a progress report.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts