Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just back from a round trip to house in South of France in my SEL 190 TDI. 1,700 miles in a week. Drove beautifully and ate up the miles even with 18 dozen cases of wine in the back and two large men in front! Really useful to be able to switch lights to RHD and mph and miles to kph and kilometres. Didn't feel nearly so tired as on previous journeys (I had to do all the driving) and even the massage function came into its own!
Only issue is it is now showing oil change service due in 1,100 miles and as I'm off to Scotland fishing today (its a hard life!) it will be due next week.
Anyone had a service yet? My garage persuaded me to leave on fixed service for first one but I will get them to change to variable as its come up in less than 4 months.

·
Registered
133 Posts
What about the AdBlue as well ? - have you topped that up yet or still on original tank when you bought the car ?

From other posts we are interested in your avg mpg as well......(all boring stuff :arrow: ) but I bet the car was a dream to drive on the French auto routes....their motorways are a massive improvement on the roads we have here)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes one top up with ad blu. It was a rip off at Arnold Clark in Greenock. Won't go there again - see separate thread.
Car was wonderful on autoroutes. Even better on 11 November which was a bank holiday and no lorries allowed!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi, What kind of MPG did you get on the run to France and back.
Just got my SEL 190 and can only manage 38 tops.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just back from a round trip to friends down in Lot et Garonne, SW France from my 2nd home in Vendée - 870 km. A mixture of auto-route and N roads with overall consumption of 47mpg. The car performed very well, smooth and comfortable with lane assist side assist and ACC very useful on the faster roads. Tried traffic jam assist on a slow stretch of straight country road and that also worked well (when I could resist the temptation to brake). A few glitches with the SatNav which seemed to lose the road or fail to give directions at a couple of junctions, finally directing us into a busy centre commercial just outside La Rochelle - twice!
Overall, delighted with the car - SEL 150 DSG in Caribbean Blue with Storm Grey leather and a few toys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts