Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Coming from a fully loaded BMW 3 series - wide sat Nav, 4x4, heated leather, auto, 190 bhp and looking for at least that spec level in the Tig.

Love the look of the R-Line and never owned anything from VAG before so no real idea how they compare.

Looking at 190ps, DSG, 4 Motion, Leather, R-Line.

Just wondering what people think I should spec?

Also wondering if you don't mind sharing what you ended up getting off the price or if you did finance what sort of monthly payments did you get offered? All I've got to go on so far is the official price on the VW configurator.

Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Rline, I got 10% of the list price then a£1000 deposit contribution..plus they gave me a good trade in price
For my car.

I ordered a sel 150 dsg, with keyless, electric tailgate, hud and rear camera with park assist in Caribbean blue

·
Registered
339 Posts
Rline said:
Hi everyone,
Coming from a fully loaded BMW 3 series - wide sat Nav, 4x4, heated leather, auto, 190 bhp and looking for at least that spec level in the Tig.

Love the look of the R-Line and never owned anything from VAG before so no real idea how they compare.

Looking at 190ps, DSG, 4 Motion, Leather, R-Line.

Just wondering what people think I should spec?

Also wondering if you don't mind sharing what you ended up getting off the price or if you did finance what sort of monthly payments did you get offered? All I've got to go on so far is the official price on the VW configurator.

Thanks
I think the obvious differences are the drivers seating height and cabin quality.

Specification is a personal choice and often tailored to need and how deep your pockets are! It is all too easy to get carried away with factory options that you will not probably use, have never had before (hence you won't miss) or are too expensive. Take a look at my wife's R-Line specification in my signature line which I think is a good solid spec that compliments the R-Line's relatively high standard specification without expensive and often gimmicky options.

IMO the BMW's seats are far more supportive and adjustment due to their width and extended squab. BMW cabin materials are more tactile and on par with Audi in terms of fit and finish. The BMW 8 speed sport auto gearbox is smoother than the DSG.

The ride comfort of the R-Line on 20" rims is a subjective opinion however I think the BMW on 19" run flats is more compliant in everyday driving, even more so with BMW adapative suspension option which unfortunately is not an option on the R-Line variant in the U.K., although it is an option on SE and SEL variants.

With regards to price incentives I negotiated 12.5% off a local VW dealer which included the present VW finance contribution and secured finance at 5.1%. I could of achieved 17% at another VW dealer but they were a 400 mile round trip away from my home so I took the hit and ordered closer to home.

Hope this helps ;)

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts