Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

over the last few weeks i've been looking at the new tiguan I really like the look practicality, could
anyone give some feedback on what engine to go for ?

the model I have been looking at is the RLINE in white,

optional extras would be keyless entry with elec tailgate
park assist with camera

look forward to hearing any thoughts on what engine I should chuck in there !

·
Registered
134 Posts
Depends on your intended usage.
How many miles per year? Journey profile, long runs or around town? Towing?
Why specifically R Line, It does look good but your stuck with 20" wheels and sports suspension which is fine up and down nice roads but anything less than perfect can be too hard

·
Registered
176 Posts
I disagree ref the suspension. The r line is the softest car I've ever had and rides really well and actually steers really well too

·
Registered
86 Posts
I went for the TSI 180 in Oryx white mainly because I don't do high mileage and my local city is talking about imposing restrictions/penalties for having diesel. Does handle well with the sports suspension and progressive steering.

Attachments

·
Registered
953 Posts
As far as the 20" wheel go I would not have chose them but after 10 months driving on b, c and single track lanes and the occasional blast up the motorway, I woudnt go for anything else, smooth ride good handling
Go for the biggest engine you can afford, not much in mpg difference and if you go for the deisel you just have to give it a good blast about once a month to keep the particulate filters happy
The rest of the extras are your choice, but have a look at the new stock cars a lot of garages have got to save the wait
But You'll will enjoy whatever tiggy you end up with :p :p

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have ordered an R-Line but haven't drove one so I am hoping the ride is acceptable. In regards to the engineer I drove the 150PS and 190PS Diesels DSG back to back and I thought the 150 was perfectly acceptable and was happy that was the one to get, then I made the mistake of trying the 190PS which left me with a grin from ear to ear and has since cost me a load more money as I couldn't resist the extra power! 😜

·
Registered
342 Posts
You really need to test drive before you buy. There is no definitive point at which a car becomes an uncomfortable ride.
It all depends on what your used to. I tested the SEL on 20's and while not overly rough, it was a little crashy here and there. Not something I found on 19's and that's before you throw in Sports suspension.

But again. it's what your used to that matters the most.

There was a poster on Audi sport.net that got the new A4 in sline guise and instantly regretted the sports suspension, even though this is much less harsher than before. I personally felt it was fine on 18's

·
Registered
953 Posts
Johnny5UK said:
I have ordered an R-Line but haven't drove one so I am hoping the ride is acceptable. In regards to the engineer I drove the 150PS and 190PS Diesels DSG back to back and I thought the 150 was perfectly acceptable and was happy that was the one to get, then I made the mistake of trying the 190PS which left me with a grin from ear to ear and has since cost me a load more money as I couldn't resist the extra power! 😜
The ride is more than acceptable on the rline! In fact brilliant for a SUV if you could call a tiggy SUV not a lot of roll in the corners
My only gripe is the seats seem very hard or my bums getting soft with age :) but I'll tell you more after the 705 mile drive in one stint

1 - 8 of 8 Posts