Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Chris - which model?
I'm getting 48/9mpg on long journeys in my SEL TDI 190 DSG in normal with aircon and everything else on even pushing it speed wise. Well pleased as this is almost 10 mpg more than my previous A4 Allroad with similar powered engine. Must try it your way when I am not in a hurry to see what it does.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Very pleased with the MPG on my Tiguan hard to get it below 40 mpg even on short trips. Knocks my old Ford Focus for 6 which never got close to its stated figures

·
Registered
12 Posts
Happy so far first 400 mile hard to get it under 40 mpg running around and we do live up some steep hills so this economy is a revelation to us . Long motorway journey on Saturday so will see then.

Moray

·
Registered
65 Posts
I went to the cycle show at the NEC last weekend and the 300 mile round trip in 'Normal' mode without trying to drive economically returned 61mpg.

Very pleased with that. I'd have struggled to get above 40 with the Freelander 2 I came from. If I keep the Tig for 87 years, it'll have paid for itself :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would be be grateful for clarification - have forum members quoted the fuel consumption displayed by the car, or a calculated figure derived from distance covered between refills, with fuel consumption measured by the pump? Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
In previous models, VW's fuel consumption displays have generally been a few mpg too optimistic.
Might be interesting to compare displayed and measured values sometime, perhaps on a long motorway run.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello all,

I have Tiguan 2.0 this with dsg and have covered nearly 1000 miles so far.
A) Town and mixed dual carriageways.
Actual consumption 43mpg
OBC display 49mpg
B) Motorway
Actual consumption 51mpg
OBC display 60mpg

Not bad at all.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi
If you want to get below 40 to the gallon put a caravan on the back - that does it for me.
Actually achieving around 31 to the gallon with van, which I am very pleased with. Better than previous tiguan.
Last measured mileage 34.8, computer indicating 35.2, obviously mixed caravan and some solo. So seems to me to be reasonable accurate.
Cheers

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Speaking from experience, the best way to get less than 40 mpg (a lot less) is to buy a 2.0 Tsi :lol:

Steve

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hehe. - looking forward to my a lot less than 40 mpg :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 190 SEL dsg ruby red and so far my first tank gives me only 33 mpg actual
With the obc about the same
All 15 to 30 mile journeys and some town
Naturally a bit cheesed off with this my old mk1 gave 45 so this new super duper
Euro 6 compliant is a grave disappointment!
Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Trev said:
I have 190 SEL dsg ruby red and so far my first tank gives me only 33 mpg actual
With the obc about the same
All 15 to 30 mile journeys and some town
Naturally a bit cheesed off with this my old mk1 gave 45 so this new super duper
Euro 6 compliant is a grave disappointment!
Any ideas?
:idea: :idea: Have you taken into account you have the 140 kw / 190ps which has a bigger power output to the old mk1 Trev :?: :?: Just a thought :idea:
Also you may find once it has run in / keyed in you may get better mpg....

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have just covered around 700 miles so far and my real MPG from 2 refuels is below.
More or less in pair with OBC display.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi All,
I have a SEL 190 DSG and covered 1000 miles since new.
I have a measured tank average of 35.7mpg over 1000 miles (The trip computer says 37.9.)
I would love to see 40+ mpg.

What am I doing wrong, apart from driving a lovely car.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I think its down to the type of driving you do. I easily get 44/45mpg on long runs in my SEL 190TDI and even more on motorways if I am not pushing the speed limit. However if I am just driving around the village or into town then 37/38mpg is about right.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hi all

After 3K and using a 190 SEL with 20" rims - I'm getting about 44 on a motorway run but a long term average of about 40, with the AC mainly turned off and in normal mode.

However I've just realised :( that you had to take your foot "off" the throttle to get the fuel cut-off to work - this looks promising

I've also noticed that the ACC seems a bit greedy as it waits to brake and of course cannot predict when to ease off the throttle, so I'm going to try 1K in a manual mode.

Cheers

Earl

·
Registered
352 Posts
Earl_H said:
Hi all

After 3K and using a 190 SEL with 20" rims - I'm getting about 44 on a motorway run but a long term average of about 40, with the AC mainly turned off and in normal mode.
With 20" wheels you gonna take a hit on mpg, Earl. And it's not just diameter but the tyre width mainly.

Done Bedford - Maidstone there and back today (so 200 miles ish) - all on Mways - and got 54 mpg "since start" on OBC.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.