Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone let me know how to change the appropriate settings in my 67-plated Tiguan please for driving in Europe? Specifically:

1) change mph to kmh
2) change the adaptive cruise control to right hand side driving
3) anything else!

Many thanks,

Stuart

·
Registered
92 Posts
Everything is in the settings, and I can never remember exactly where, but they are easy enough to find if you search the menus logically. I know you can change units from miles to km, but think that the main dial speed display remains in mph, but you see the smaller, digital speed display in kph.
You don't need to change the adaptive cruise control - a car in front of you is a car in front of you, irrespective of which side of the road you are using.
You do need to change the headlight direction (in the UK they are angled to the left, and they need to point right) - but again, that is in the settings.
I think that's it - sorry for not being more specific, but it's not difficult if you go through the settings menu logically.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - I'll have a look later.

I think you do need to change the adaptive cruise control - in my car anyway, as it tries not to undertake cars. This will obviously be on the 'other side' when driving in Europe.

·
Registered
459 Posts
There is a setting for this that can be done with OBD 11 which does allow undertaking but only if it is activated / disabled - check that it’s legal 1st though

·
Registered
452 Posts
Thanks - I'll have a look later.

I think you do need to change the adaptive cruise control - in my car anyway, as it tries not to undertake cars. This will obviously be on the 'other side' when driving in Europe.
There is a setting under the “lights” section that allows you to specify left hand or right hand driving. Obviously that’s to change beam direction but I can’t help wondering if it changes the ACC settings as well as they depend on some of the same sensors….?
MPH to KPH is under the “Units” settings.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am pretty certain that the lights option addresses the undertaking as well as it was working fine for me when we drove through France back in February.

Reactions: CUK

·
Registered
452 Posts
I am pretty certain that the lights option addresses the undertaking as well as it was working fine for me when we drove through France back in February.
I’ll be able to confirm that in June 😁

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've definitely never knowingly made changes to anything in the ACC for left vs right hand driving, just the lights and units as already said, and never had a problem with it thinking it was undertaking - so it must be in there.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Last time I took my Arteon to France, everything changed automatically - Headlights, ACC etc and a notice came on the centre display advising of the changes.
Presume the same for a Tiguan..

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Last time I took my Arteon to France, everything changed automatically - Headlights, ACC etc and a notice came on the centre display advising of the changes.
Presume the same for a Tiguan..
I've heard of this with more recent models, first heard it for the T-Roc. So most likely the mk2.5, but not likely in the 17 mk2.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I've heard of this with more recent models, first heard it for the T-Roc. So most likely the mk2.5, but not likely in the 17 mk2.
I’m off to France in June so will confirm, but I do wonder why it has the manual settings if it does it automatically? The handbook even says to use the manual settings only as a temporary solution and to see a garage if using the vehicle permanently in another country to set the IQ lights correctly (the temporary setting change apparently doesn’t have the full matrix control defaulting to auto dip only - at least that’s how I read it!)… anyone else have experience with a facelift model - with or without IQ matrix lights?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts