Hi just ordered white r line 2 wd manual
Expected delivery end march as it was a cancellation
Now worried about being the manual as most people are going for the dsg
Any feedback on how the manual gearbox feels

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hi,

Happy to answer your question, but you have not specified your engine as there might be different manual gearboxes fitted to them.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hi,
It's the same engine like mine.
Gearbox is fine and no major issues apart form being a little hard shifting between 1st and 2nd.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been thinking exactly the same thing. Ordered a manual to save £1500 but now I'm being told that the DSG is more likely to hold its value. I know this is quite open to opinion but any thoughts on if this is true?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've got the manual 150 r-line, no problems at all.
I like a manual gearbox, and I find it nicer to go round corners faster and in the gear I want not what the car thinks it needs

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Personally ...I prefer the DSG, and would never go back to manual. You can play around just as much...can put it in 'sport mode' (wow..go man go), paddles, or move the stick as gears. Or relax and enjoy in auto with a bit of Pink Floyd, Dire Straits etc without a care in the world :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
146 Posts
I made this comment earlier on another thread,

"I commented a week ago that I found my new SEL a bit notchy going from 1-2 though I had just transferred from a car with 101k miles and a silky smooth manual box. The new car hasn't yet got 1000 miles on the clock but the 1-2 shift is getting smoother though I have marginally slowed down the shift action. I'm happy with the shift, my initial concern was probably premature."

I've had a few opportunities to drive a DSG rather than a manual, most recently an Audi RS6 for a week. The car had paddles etc and was easy to drive in whatever style you wished, fully or semi automatic. I was however glad to get back to a manual gearbox at the end of the week. Audi have virtually dropped manual gearboxes from their new Q5 line up, which is one of the reasons I walked away from the Q5 option (not to mention the additional £9k to put a suitably configured Q5 on the road :oops: )

I'm not sure about DSG models holding their value better, time will tell ;)

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have an ageing A3 TDI (57reg with 190,000miles) and the gearbox is really nice on that, but I found too the Tiguan manual on test drive was a little notchy. It was light, but there was a notchyness to it. Surely the gearboxes have a similar lineage being 6sp manuals.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts