·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,585 Posts
That's interesting as I've just downloaded the DiscoverCare download manager, and it checked my SD card and told me my map data is the latest version :?:
I know I've not downloaded any updates since last December, but it can't be the current version as the website says May2017.
Anyone else showing a similar problem, my existing version is showing as : 3G0.919.866.AQ 0730 ECE1 2017

Steve

·
Registered
134 Posts
Essjay said:
That's interesting as I've just downloaded the DiscoverCare download manager, and it checked my SD card and told me my map data is the latest version :?:
I know I've not downloaded any updates since last December, but it can't be the current version as the website says May2017.
Anyone else showing a similar problem, my existing version is showing as : 3G0.919.866.AQ 0730 ECE1 2017

Steve
Same here :(

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Same with me- but I downloaded it from the links and followed the procedure on the site for loading it on the card not using the program.
Backed up the card contents to a folder on my pc first.
Appears to be working fine.
Version now in car is: 3G0919866BC0820ECE1 2017/18

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,585 Posts
Yes, I've decided to go down the same route now, downloading the file at the mo'.
Unfortunately my broadband speed is pretty slow so it's likely to take around 4 hours ;)

Steve

·
Registered
463 Posts
About to update my Discover pro. Do you need to have the ignition on when downloading from sd card. Do you just stick it in the slot and away it goes. I believe it taks a while?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
According to the website from which the map data came:
Please note:

The ignition must remain switched on while copying is in progress. The navigation function is not available during copying. Due to the large volume of data involved and depending on the SD card used, this procedure can take up to 4 hours. Please make sure that the battery is sufficiently charged to complete the update (if the vehicle is parked, switch off any consumers that are not needed, e.g. lighting, fan, seat heating, etc.).
If necessary, connect a charger to the battery. Should the procedure be interrupted - if the engine is switched off, for example - copying will automatically resume at the point of interruption as soon as the ignition is switched on again.

·
Registered
463 Posts
niggly58 said:
According to the website from which the map data came:
Please note:

The ignition must remain switched on while copying is in progress. The navigation function is not available during copying. Due to the large volume of data involved and depending on the SD card used, this procedure can take up to 4 hours. Please make sure that the battery is sufficiently charged to complete the update (if the vehicle is parked, switch off any consumers that are not needed, e.g. lighting, fan, seat heating, etc.).
If necessary, connect a charger to the battery. Should the procedure be interrupted - if the engine is switched off, for example - copying will automatically resume at the point of interruption as soon as the ignition is switched on again.
Thanks for that. Used to be in the old days, leaving ignition on without engine running, could damage ignition coils.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have just downloaded DiscoverCare and I already have the current version. I am sceptical about downloading from other sites.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
58 Posts
Don't the maps update themselves via car net?

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Johnny5UK said:
niggly58 said:
I'm confused by this car net stuff, this says you need discover pro for online updates yet the cars now come with carnet include for 3 years on the discover, I think that page may be out of date
Why would it not be correct?
It is not unusual for different levels of equipment to have varying capabilities - otherwise, why bother paying more money.
The Discover Pro updates from an SD card to it's internal hard drive, and the program runs from the hard drive, so the capability of updating online makes sense.
The Discover media runs the program from the inserted SD card, so would not be so straightforward to update.

·
Registered
44 Posts
niggly58 said:
Same with me- but I downloaded it from the links and followed the procedure on the site for loading it on the card not using the program.
Backed up the card contents to a folder on my pc first.
Appears to be working fine.
Version now in car is: 3G0919866BC0820ECE1 2017/18
Now that's very confusing.

My car was first registered in Jan 2017, and I bought it as an ex-demo in April. The map version showed as 3GO.919.866.S 0635 ECE1 2016/17, which I assumed was the November 2016 update.

I updated via DiscoverCare earlier this week, and it now shows as 3GO.919.866.AQ 0730 ECE1 2017.

It seemed to make sense that the November update would show as 2016/17 (as it spanned the new year) and May would show as as 2017, as it should be superseded in the same year that it was released, but if there's now a 2017/18 version around, that throws that theory right out.

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,585 Posts
Paul, I believe the problem is that they haven't yet updated DiscoverCare to include the May17 map. If you see my post on the previous page, you'll notice I tried to use it to update my map and it said I was up to date already, and I had the same map that you've quoted, from last November.
If you download the map (or it's parts) from the website quoted, you'll get the latest version. Just follow the instructions on the site.

Steve

·
Registered
463 Posts
Just to clarify do I need the ignition on or just Aux so Discover Pro is on when updating

·
Registered
953 Posts
Beagler said:
Just to clarify do I need the ignition on or just Aux so Discover Pro is on when updating
Just started the update you don't have to have ignition on just the media unit, running mine off my home broadband at 26 mb download and it's taking for ever, suggest you only do country's you require

·
Registered
463 Posts
Miket said:
Beagler said:
Just started the update you don't have to have ignition on just the media unit, running mine off my home broadband at 26 mb download and it's taking for ever, suggest you only do country's you require
Thanks
Took 4hrs to download to my laptop and another 4hrs to load to sd card.Went to bed and left it to it. Only need UK so how do I do just that.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Reformatted Sd card and Managed to just download UK and Ireland. Will try in the car.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts