Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day to you all, as a driver of a Tiguan I am pleased to join this group. I actually work for VW and am happy to offer fellow members "friends and families" discount on any Tiguan ordered through us at Preston. I am also happy to help any members with any Tiguan related questions at anytime. I will always help fellow members be it sourcing a new VW for the best price or offering advice on how to operate Bluetooth etc! Gavin

·
Registered
627 Posts
VWP. Welcome. I have got a quick question about personalisation in the menu options. Is it only there for certain models, makes?

I was hoping to set up personalisation on my key and key for wife but don't have the option. I was hoping mirrors, air con settings, radio channels and even her phone connecting etc could all be set on her key so I didn't have to keep changing it.

The only thing I need to worry about then is my seat as I didn't go for leather / memory seats.

I can't see the option unfortunately.

My only option is to hide her key :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Andy, thanks for the reply. I will have to check on Tuesday when I'm back in work I am sure the SEL has driver profile selection, I will update you! In the meantime hide the 🔑

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hi VWPreston, Apart from discounts on Tiguan cars (many have already ordered or bought one), can you offer discounts on accessories, such as mudflaps, mats, load mats, roof bars etc

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi largerorwine, thanks for your reply. The supply of parts and accessories is a difficult one, yes is the easy answer! The difficulty is the logistics I did offer this service to a small group, and it resulted in a flood of enquiries. Sounds great but my full time role is car sales and I was having to handle the orders, packaging and shipping in my own time for no financial reward. I am happy to help this group as I can get trade discount of 10-40% off parts and accessories, and am keen to share this with the group. i just need to get my head around the logistics! Oh and it's wine all the way for me!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi VWPreston, thanks for your post. As you can see I already have a Tiguan SEL, but what could you do on a new facelift Golf (just a basic model) or a reasonable spec current model Polo? PCP would be my choice...note that I'm not looking for anything fancy (it's just for the wife 😂).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi JRSTIGSEL
Happy to help you with this, how many miles a year will the car be doing a year? Also are you looking at a DSG or manual?
Best
Gavin

·
Registered
135 Posts
VWPreston said:
Hi JRSTIGSEL
Happy to help you with this, how many miles a year will the car be doing a year? Also are you looking at a DSG or manual?
Best
Gavin
I reckon about 7000 to 8000 ish l, probably a DSG too seeing as though the wife loves the DSG in the Tig

·
Registered
627 Posts
One other question VWP please - one that seems to have been picked up by a few on the forum in the past - but the convenience opening and closing (with the key unlock/lock buttons) no longer seems to include the panoramic sunroof although the booklet seems to imply it does.

I did find mention on another forum that due to safety concerns, VW had disabled this (the windows still are ok) on all models - is that right?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Bhuna, I will have to take the fifth amendment or the no comment route until tomorrow my friend. But interesting questions and let me see if I can find the answers for you!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Bhuna
So to access the personalised settings on the Tiguan, press the car button on the media system, then select settings and then personalisation. This will then allow you to set up to 4 different driver profiles. Hope this helps?

·
Registered
627 Posts
VWP - Thanks, but I don't appear to have the menu option - I select Car > Settings > and then there is no personalisation menu option? Is it only specific models?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Bhuna, I am in a standard SEL Tiguan and it does have this function. If you care to pm your email address I will send you a video of how I'm doing it

·
Registered
157 Posts
VWPreston said:
Hi Bhuna, I am in a standard SEL Tiguan and it does have this function. If you care to pm your email address I will send you a video of how I'm doing it
I'm in the same situation as Bhuna, I do not have the same function listed..? any chance of emailing me the video as well.?

Thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
VWPreston said:
Yes my friend please pm me your email address
PM Sent. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi VWPreston,
Thank you for the video, but I do not appear to have this option under car settings.

The only options I have are as photos below.
Font Publication Technology Parallel Rectangle
Font Parallel Number Rectangle Screenshot

Do you have any idea why this is omitted on my version..?

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
627 Posts
I have the same menu options as dsaunders - no personalisation (saves me trying to post my video) :D :D

1 - 20 of 44 Posts