Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was wondering if the optional leather seats on the r-line come with electric adjust, and in particular the memory feature, as per the configurator in the UK. Depending on what I've read, some reports and info says that it has these features, others say not. For me the memory seats feature might be enough of a reason to upgrade to leather, but without it I'm not too sure. Views anyone?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I was assured by the VW salesman when I ordered mine that the leather option includes memory seats despite the fact that this is not mentioned in the brochure or options details. The driver's seat in my Skoda Yeti is electrically adjustable with memory which gives a wider range of adjustment and the convenience of up to 3 memorised positions for both seat and door mirrors. I hope the salesman has got it right.

·
Registered
151 Posts
It certainly says they do in the drop down build options on the configurator. However it is odd that this is only an option on the r-line and not the SEL with same leather (although I think the seats are different having sat in one). I would have been tempted if they were an SEL option. If I was you I would print this out now to prove it in case of any changes in future.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi, I'm changing my Skoda Yeti for a Tiguan. The Yeti has an electrically adjustable driver's seat (leather) and the memory also includes setting the door mirrors. I'm hoping that the electrically adjustable seat on my Tiguan SEL will do the same - very useful when changing drivers. Has anyone yet taken delivery of a Tiguan with leather upholstery who can confirm that the mirrors are included in the option?

·
Registered
65 Posts
So am I right to think that the non leather electric adjust seats do not have a memory function?

If they don't it's not the worst problem in the world but pretty cheap of VW considering the market they are now positioning the Tiguan in.

·
Registered
69 Posts
That is correct you will only get a manual lumbar support with single handle to adjust the height. I have had this argument with VW UK when I raised a complaint with them. Their reply was that the configurator is a universal image. If you want to see how the seat will look on the R line in fabric have a look at an S model on the configurator and that is what you will get.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Oh ****, so you don't even get the electric adjust :shock: I thought it was just the memory facility that was omitted. :eek:

Hmmmm, that's more than a little annoying, I'm pretty sure the sales guy said different butI've clearly misunderstood :roll:

Not that it makes that much difference, I still wouldn't have 'upgraded' to leather.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sorry for the bad news.... I was assured by the dealer also until I did a little digging. VW UK refused to take any responsibility for misleading people and will not change the configurator to reflect what you will really get if you select the cloth option only on the R line. I had to upgrade to the leather to get an electric drivers seat with electric lumbar support. But even then this will only be for the drivers seat. The passenger seat only has manual controls. I came to an agreement with the dealer who has agreed to pay half for the leather option.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Weirdfish said:
Can someone with cloth seats in a SEL confirm they have electric lumbar with massage (whatever that might be...haha) or is the website information a total work of fiction regarding seats?
Yes it does, I have driven the SEL and it does have electric lumbar with massage as in the configurator on the VW website. My post refers to the R Line model only which does not have any electric adjustments unless you select the leather option. Hope this clears things up.

Cheers
Terry

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi - We have just taken delivery of a Tiguan R with Vienna leather seats and I am absolutely amazed [disgusted] to find that the passenger seat has only manual controls, a total disgrace, indeed a case of gross misleading sales blurb. They go on about electric memory seat but then only deliver on the drivers seat. The drivers seat has two memory settings [which by definition] implies that two people will be driving the car .... sadly individually ... shame on you VW

·
Registered
527 Posts
The UK price list looks clear to me, it says drivers seat with 12 way electric adjustment. Anyway it is less critical for the passenger seat to be as readily moved as ideal positioning with the pedals & steering wheel is not needed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The other consideration is whether the car is 4-motion or not? if 2wd it does not have the 'personal' settings identified by keys therefore the seat setting won't be automatically set from memory depending on which key opens the car.
I've found some features that where on a 1.6TDI SE Golf that are not on my 2.0TDI SEL Tiguan - amazing when you consider that the Tiguan is a more premium car and his a higher spec.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts