Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm not understanding how I can get my Discover media nav screen holding my car position in the center and facing north.
When I tap the icon (right top) my car position sort of disappears off-screen to the right bottom. There is no way I can get it centered and facing north always.
When I switch the map to the digital cockpit the view on that is perfect centered and facing north.
But when I switch back to the large media screen, it is off-screen.
Same with the 3d view also there the car position seems the be (and keeping) off-screen to the bottom right.

Car: Tigan 2021 version with Discover media

If anybody has a hint or trick. let me know :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
frankx69 said:
Thnx for your response. MIB3 does not have the #10 button. Only the #11 button and that changes the view and should center it, but it doesn't :(
i Have the same problem. I have a 2021 tiguan allspace and when i put an address to navigate the map is not centered but lost out of the screen. When i move the nav to the cockpit view everything is ok.
Did you found any solution??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. I just bought a 2021 tiguan and also have this same navigation issue. Super annoying. Have you been able to resolve this issue? Any navigation or software update? I wonder if the dealership knows how to resolve it. I'll try calling tomorrow. Resetting factory settings did not help.

·
Registered
135 Posts
This is how to re-centre the map on mine - it's just been updated to software version 0278 last week, but can't remember what it was like before.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes but the arrow on your screen is still off the route hence the issue … yet when I move the map to the dashboard screen it displays properly
Assume a software update will correct but frustrating bug none the less

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently purchased a 2021 Tiguan Highline and ran into this issue out of the gate. I was excited to finalize the purchase and when we noticed the issue we put it down to a setting and told the salesperson we would fiddle with it at home. We tried to resolve the issue but ultimately took it back to the dealership. They gave us a loaner and have had it for 2 days. They just called a few hours ago and indicated that the issue appears resolved and that if it happens again they will replace the nav and media modules.

We asked what the issue was and they indicated that they did not know but it was resolved after seven (7) factory reset attempts.... yikes. I am not sure if the factory reset was just the nav or both nav and media or if it includes both by default.

Not sure if that helps but I will post again once I have had a few days to test.

Please note my Tiguan is the Canadian version with the Highline trim.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wanted to report back. Its been five (5) days since the dealership completed the "fix" (7 factory resets in a row) on my 2021 Tiguan navigation system. I am happy to report that all is still working!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Brand new 2022 Tiguan SEL R-Line (US) owner here with the exact same nav map orientation issues reported above.

@tyruss66, were the multiple factory resets performed on your vehicle the same an owner can perform via the MIB3 menu? Or was a dealer service tech tool involved, software reflashed, or even updated?

·
Registered
2 Posts
…and another. Just took delivery on a 22 TIG SEL R, with the exact same map orientation issue. No joy after several ‘factory resets’ via the MIB menu. Also having issues registering for CarNet, so OTA updates not avbl. It appears the software is a bit buggy.

‘22Tiggy and others pls reply with what your dealers are doing. I’ll be taking mine in to them in a couple days.

·
Registered
1 Posts
exactly the same here, Brand New 71 plate VW Arteon Shooting Brake, salesman couldn't work out what was wrong with it, I will be taking to my local dealer to sort out, couldn't do it at the dealer i bought from as i still had a 3 hour journey home to complete

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have exactly the same issue on a 71 plate VW Passat Estate R-Line. Has anybody had this fixed yet?
I read on another forum (VW vans) that a dealer in Liverpool has figured it out and it is a 2 minute fix. Something to do with setting the position.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Too bad, but thanks for the update. Mine is still the same and the dealer is no help, frustrating indeed. Atlas forum threads are showing same issue. Other cars arriving at the dealership with same issue. Shockingly, the dealer doesn’t seem to care.

There was a time when I’d expect a TSB or something, or at least some acknowledgement from VW that they’re working on a fix. But it seems no one cares. I guess we all need to start calling direct to “VW Cares” and build some momentum with them.

Nav is still “broken,” AKA not centered, here. Local dealerships not overly aware of the issue, let alone how to fix.
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1 Posts
We just bought a 2022 Atlas and seeing the exact same issue!

When you press the button to auto-center the map, it always places the vehicle outside of the actual display, like this:
Rectangle Font Material property Magenta Signage

It works fine when the navigation is displayed in the instrument panel. But when it's on the main display, it's impossible to keep the vehicle centered in the display.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts