Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I bought my 2019 Tiguan the previous owner had fitted 2 x Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres to the rear axle and the front axle is Continental. On reading reviews and owners opinions of the different brands of tyres I have opted to go for another pair of Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres. I have been following prices and watching, I was even tempted by Costco's Michelin tyre deal and I came across a cracking black friday deal at Blackcircles.com where I bought 2 x Michelin Pilot Sport 4 255/40 R20 Y 101 tyres for only £133.77 each delivered.
I still have tread left in the old Continentals and my wheels will be getting changed over to my winter set very soon so I thought at this price I couldn't go wrong and this way I'll have matching Michelin tyres all round when I come to refit them in the spring time.
I know I will have the extra charge for fitting the new tyres but I can get that done locally for a tenner each.
I ordered these on sunday night and they were delivered this morning, tyres are week 35, year 2021 so they are new stock.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Before I bought my 2019 Tiguan the previous owner had fitted 2 x Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres to the rear axle and the front axle is Continental. On reading reviews and owners opinions of the different brands of tyres I have opted to go for another pair of Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres. I have been following prices and watching, I was even tempted by Costco's Michelin tyre deal and I came across a cracking black friday deal at Blackcircles.com where I bought 2 x Michelin Pilot Sport 4 255/40 R20 Y 101 tyres for only £133.77 each delivered.
I still have tread left in the old Continentals and my wheels will be getting changed over to my winter set very soon so I thought at this price I couldn't go wrong and this way I'll have matching Michelin tyres all round when I come to refit them in the spring time.
I know I will have the extra charge for fitting the new tyres but I can get that done locally for a tenner each.
I ordered these on sunday night and they were delivered this morning, tyres are week 35, year 2021 so they are new stock.
In my opinion PS4s are far superior to Continental,had contis on my wifes X3M comp from delivery and they constantly spun plus all needed replacing after 6500 miles.
Put PS4s on and the wheel spin has stopped,the contis couldn't handle the power of the car and wore through extremely quickly.
You got a bargain there,nice one.

When the Tiguan R eventually gets built and needs new tyres it will be PS4s on that also,getting rather ahead of myself now.

·
Registered
731 Posts
133 seems a bargain.

If I look now blackcircles is saying 210.70/corner for a PS-4S delivered, the standard PS-4 is 189.13 delivered. Fully fitted seems to add on 20quid/corner.

Applying the BF15 code, that still only takes it down to 179 for the 4S / 160 for the PS4. So 133 is a cracking deal.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I should have bought a truck load and I could have made a small fortune selling them on.....
How long ago was the 133 deal, out of interest? I might need them in a few months time. I dont necessarily need them right now so I am happy to wait still. I think there is an element where they know they can shift a few tyres during these sales. They jack up the list prices and give you a special publicly available discount code so it feels like you are saving cash when in reality you are just paying more.

·
Registered
86 Posts
On which subject... does anyone know how often Blackcircles do these sort of offers? My summer tyres, now stacked in the garage, will need replacing, but clearly not till next Spring at the earliest (I have winter-oriented all-seasons on at the moment, on their own rims, so there's less of a rush to remove them when it starts to warm up than for purely winter tyres). I'd rather get the tyres during a spring sale, and then get the wheels swapped over at the same time. But if 15%-off deals only come around rarely then perhaps I'd better get new tyres now, even if they go back into the garage till the spring. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
257 Posts
If storage isn't a problem then I'd probably be inclined to buy at their cheapest and fit when needed, but then I've got some brand new tyres in my garage that haven't been used for several years now because I sold the car that they fitted!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts