Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I was struggling setting up the mirror down on reverse as there are many manuals out there. I think this feature comes as standard and some of you may not even be aware about it. So please find below the steps I took to successfully set up mine :geek:

1) Open the car using the key
2) Start the engine
3) Select reverse gear
4) Select the passenger mirror on the mirror knob (whether it's L or R)
5) Adjust the passenger mirror to the desired position
6) Take the car out of reverse (select N or P)
7) Turn off the engine. The passenger mirror should return to the normal position.

NOTE: To use this feature, you must keep the passenger mirror selected on the mirror knob

Enjoy!

·
Registered
5 Posts
The feature is available if you have folding mirrors.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hi I have it and you have to drive forward above 9 mph the mirror then returns to driving position

·
Registered
627 Posts
Aye. It is a feature. The OP was helping out on how to set it up as I think the mirror drops down to a preset position you can set so if you don't like the original position you can change it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
285 Posts
By the way whilst we are on mirrors I don't like my mirrors synced I prefer them independent to each other :?

·
Registered
627 Posts
PBB3 said:
By the way whilst we are on mirrors I don't like my mirrors synced I prefer them independent to each other :?
There is a setting to turn off sync. - just cant remember where I found it now - Try infotainment system - Car > Setting > and then possibly mirrors or something - there are options to lower on reverse / sync and something else in there I think.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hi Bhuna forgot to say :oops: yes I am aware BUT THANK YOU ;)

·
Registered
627 Posts
PBB3 said:
Hi Bhuna forgot to say :oops: yes I am aware BUT THANK YOU ;)
LOL ok - but shhh - don't tell my wife...I've just used it as an excuse to go back out in the car and look at the menus etc to help find where it actually is.... :D :D :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
Cheers :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts