Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tech question on the media system. In the pricelist booklet it lists the media system as having:

Simultaneous pairing of 2 compatible mobile devices
Does this mean that I can pair my phone and my work phone to the system AND take calls on both then through the system?

or, does it just mean - you can only pair two phones - say mine and the wifes - and when I'm using the car, it will take my calls and when wife is using it (if I'm not in car) then it will take her calls through the system?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Mk1 tigs you could pair more than 2 phones, but only one could be actively paired, i.e. make and receive calls. You'd have to drop one phone to connect to the other. I believe the new tigs have the same systems as my misses (2016) Polo, and on this again you can have more than 2 paired, but you can have 2 actively paired. You have one primary paired, this you can make and receive calls, but a second can be simultaneously paired, and it will also receive calls from this phone.

Very usefully, and at first use a surprise. You can also switch these two around at any time to decide which you make calls out from. So, to answer your question, yes.

Oh and provided your phone OS is new enough, you can display the text messages as well. It does this for her moto G with android 5, but not my nexus 4 with android 4 (I know I could update it, but many reports of problems after doing this, so it ain't broke and i'm not fixing it. )

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Tricky. I have iPhone 6 and the works phone is an iPhoneSE.

Can you add more phones but set a "Priority" order to pair so that the wife doesn't have to keep fiddling with set up or better still does it form part of the personalised setting depending on which key you use?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
That i'm afraid I don't know. The polo is to 'umble to have personalities. it does seem to pick up whichever it finds, but not sure how it prioritises when it finds two together. They're both there, you receive calls on them both, and if your making a call it's a one-touch to flip them round.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Tricky.

·
Registered
112 Posts
You can pair two phones to the car but only one will pair at a time.

There is a work around as you could connect 1 with Bluetooth and one with CarPlay.
The car play will be active and override the Bluetooth phone but if you get a call on the phone paired by Bluetooth the phone will ring if you pull the lighting cable out the other phone then the car will pick up the Bluetooth call.

It's not the best situation but if is easy and safe to do it give anyone with the issue of 2 phones to be connected for hands free calls on the move etc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts