Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some inside info about model year spec changes for Tiguan directly from a VW dealer from a Golf GTI forum I also frequent

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=280206.msg2562954#msg2562954

Tiguan

Price increase of £40 for all models

New paint colour: crimson red metallic paint (£1,000)

Removal of chrome trim for air vents front and rear

New brake light housing in black (see diagram A)

Manual headlight range adjustment now accessible through the MIB system (diagram B)

Discontinued: deactivation button for interior monitoring in the b-pillar - now accessible through the MIB system (see diagram C)

Change to roof rail bases from silver to black for SE/SE Nav/R-Line and SEL

Removal of headlight washers as standard specification for SEL and R-Line trims

Addition of optional headlight washers for all trims (£175)

SE Nav, SEL and R-Line trims now get media control as standard
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Crimson Red Metallic on a Passat



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
AKA metallic burgundy ;)

The other changes don't seem to be that much of a consequence against loosing the headlight washers to an extra cost option plus a £40 price rise. I'll be happy with my already outdated SEL when I get to collect it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
Yea not really a proper model change but tiny tweaks, and I would say for the chrome vent surrounds and rail bases losing silver/chrome that it's a lesser spec.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
Chas, That seems a quick build, as I'm being quoted 12 weeks for a 4motion SEL. Totally agree regarding 2018 spec, need to get my order in this week - any idea when they change the build to 2018 spec at factory
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
I would have thought headlight washer were mandatory on SEL and R-Line with standard fit LED headlights? As they are a legal requirement with Xenon, would have thought LED too.

edit; apparently the washers are not a requirement anymore if light output is below a certain amount.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
463 Posts
Matchbox said:
Didn't know SEL had headlight washers!
I wasnt sure till when I had had mine a week or so, I activated screen washers and wondered what the slight splashing was at the bonnet front. :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Silver roof rails really lift the darker cars - shame! Also, I rarely use it, but when I do, the interior alarm deactivation on the B pillar is very handy and saves having to hunt through the menus.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
I thought changes would have included the new media system from the Golf. I hope my car us built before changes, because I would not be happy with these changes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
lagerorwine said:
Chas, That seems a quick build, as I'm being quoted 12 weeks for a 4motion SEL.
Not sure quite how it happened TBH, all my planets seemed to line up :D Got a build week a couple of weeks after ordering, car left the factory on the Tuesday of that week, sat at Emden for all of 3 days before getting put on a ship. Once it landed in the UK things started to go backwards and despite the tracker saying that once landed it should be at the dealer within 7 days it's still not there 8 days later. However, dealer seems to think collection date for next week is likely. So that'll be something like 8 1/2 to 9 weeks from order to delivery. Not complaining about that.

Totally agree regarding 2018 spec, need to get my order in this week - any idea when they change the build to 2018 spec at factory
I read somewhere that it's week 22 (week commencing 29th May this year), not sure if that's order date or build date. I suspect the latter otherwise it would be a bit chaotic. New model features normally seen as a bonus, maybe not so in this case...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
steve_t said:
Wasn't the 18 model supposed to also add pedestrian detection?
I was under the impression that was already on the 2017 models, in Europe at least.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
Chas said:
steve_t said:
Wasn't the 18 model supposed to also add pedestrian detection?
I was under the impression that was already on the 2017 models, in Europe at least.
I was told that Pedestrian Detection was standard. I home this is the case.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
485 Posts
phope said:
Some inside info about model year spec changes for Tiguan directly from a VW dealer from a Golf GTI forum I also frequent

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=280206.msg2562954#msg2562954

Tiguan

Price increase of £40 for all models

New paint colour: crimson red metallic paint (£1,000)

Removal of chrome trim for air vents front and rear

New brake light housing in black (see diagram A)

Manual headlight range adjustment now accessible through the MIB system (diagram B)

Discontinued: deactivation button for interior monitoring in the b-pillar - now accessible through the MIB system (see diagram C)

Change to roof rail bases from silver to black for SE/SE Nav/R-Line and SEL

Removal of headlight washers as standard specification for SEL and R-Line trims

Addition of optional headlight washers for all trims (£175)

SE Nav, SEL and R-Line trims now get media control as standard
Thanks very much for the info. I was thinking I was going to miss out, but glad I'm getting mine before the changes. &#x1f44d-1f3fb;
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Chas said:
steve_t said:
Wasn't the 18 model supposed to also add pedestrian detection?
I was under the impression that was already on the 2017 models, in Europe at least.
Oh, how do I tell if I have it? Is it in the car menu? Might have to flick through the manual again. How about the 7 seats option? I really can't imagine another couple of seats in the back of my Tig
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
steve_t said:
Chas said:
steve_t said:
Wasn't the 18 model supposed to also add pedestrian detection?
I was under the impression that was already on the 2017 models, in Europe at least.
Oh, how do I tell if I have it?
Get someone you don't like to walk out in front of the car as you are driving along. If you haven't got it, you're still happy :)

I think it's just part of the City emergency braking system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
MY18 changes begin on week 22. Sadly, lots of the changes are cost cutting. Interior front and rear chrome vent surrounds removed; chrome roof rails now going to be flat black colour. I'm disappointed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
Have those changes actually been confirmed by VW though as not seen anything official and April brochure still says headlight washer jets etc.
 
1 - 20 of 199 Posts
Top