Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Filled my car last Friday and the dash is saying 550 miles, just wondering what other cars say to a full tank, I'm sure it said 700 ish at a fill up in the past?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Just filled up with 55 litres of Shell V Power diesel and the tank range is showing just under 600 miles.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think it averages this based on consumption just prior to filling up.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Only filled up twice so far but getting same ball park. Interestingly, been getting around 45-46 on dash on my daily commute (16 miles mix of M4 and start/stop A road). Today with air con on and usual traffic got 53!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Done near on a 200 mile round trip today, the 550 mile range went up during the drive to 670 mile range, so yes it must work on the prior mpg, but the last fill up, I did fill up with gulf fuel and my mpg also did better than supermarket fuel, Morrisons fuel 46mpg gulf 57mpg air con on sometimes on lo, outside air temp as high as 32.5 motorway M1 and a roads and I was not hanging around

·
Registered
285 Posts
Mine was the same came of motorway average speed 70 mph tank on slight incline up hill on BP forecourt 670 miles on tank full

·
Registered
285 Posts
O 2WD

·
Registered
36 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Vehicle audio
My 190 r-line which now has 1500 miles on the clock is long term average 35.5 mpg 330 miles of which was towing my caravan.
42 mpg on a 16 mile commute driving steady to work.
Seems strange how it seems more economical with the air conditioning on which it jumped upto 44 mpg which is the best I've seen.
My Passat CC 170 seemed so much more economical. 50 mpg being very easy to achieve even with hard driving.
Has anyone noticed there Tiguans mpg improve as they are run in?
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Vehicle audio

Attachments

·
Registered
610 Posts
Hi Andy, I have the petrol 180 after getting 4500 approx on the clock I noticed a marked improvement on mph also with the warmer weather as well mpg gone up. But if I use aircon drops down as I would expect

·
Registered
9 Posts
FTT said:
Hi Andy, I have the petrol 180 after getting 4500 approx on the clock I noticed a marked improvement on mph also with the warmer weather as well mpg gone up. But if I use aircon drops down as I would expect
FTT what mpg are you getting out of your 180 now?

I'm currently averaging 29.5mpg with an equal mix of town and out of town driving, car only has 400 miles on it at the moment.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Only 400 miles on the clock so far and very happy. Overall average 31.7mpg. Best trip so far was 39.6 for a 127 miles trip along M62 then M6.

·
Registered
610 Posts
:D :D Since the better weather the miles have improved, my 12 mile work trip has gone from 29/30 to 33/35 which is half B rds and a A rd, on the motorway I like you have touched or hit the 40 mpg. But most trips seem to have got 3/5 miles better per gallon.But must have to admit I think the warmer weather is helping, but pretty chuffed with the return :D :D

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Mine has 5800 miles on the clock and is showing a long-term average of 47.
Pretty good for the size of car and 4WD.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm up to 46mpg for long term. Not bad considering most of my journeys are town and often short

·
Registered
250 Posts
Sorry to stick another post on this thread, but today I did a trip to Swansea from Cardiff, at around 65-70 most of way with ACC and some stop start traffic and air con on. Dash MPG topped out at 60.8 mpg! On return journey at around same speed or slightly higher (cough -traffic was better) fully loaded with a years worth of daughter's Uni stuff was getting about 55. Very happy with that. Running on Shell VPower.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts