Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my Tiguan this week and loving it so far. I plan on doing a couple minor mods and tweaks in the next couple of months so will try keep them all in the same thread.

Pictures before and after collection. Really need to take some better ones soon:

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My first minor mod took place 10 minutes after i arrived home. We dont get all the interior R-Line interior changes so the aluminum pedal caps I had ordered just needed to get fitted asap.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Looks very nice😎

·
Registered
13 Posts
Great looking "cabby", keep the photos coming

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tig One said:
Great looking "cabby", keep the photos coming
Thanks. Yours should be here soon and you wont be disappointed :p

·
Registered
32 Posts
cabby09 said:
Glovebox LED fitted. Just need to get the 41/42mm Led for the trunk.
Could you post a link to where you got this from and where are you getting the trunk one?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
953 Posts
Don't need these as my r line has LEDs but just interested, do they dim down as they're turning off

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
grabson79 said:
cabby09 said:
Glovebox LED fitted. Just need to get the 41/42mm Led for the trunk.
Could you post a link to where you got this from and where are you getting the trunk one?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually had a couple left over from previous cars. Think it was a Chinese supplier called William Auto Accessories. They never gave any issues in any previous cars. This is the one i used for the glove box. Still need to source the trunk one.

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Miket said:
Don't need these as my r line has LEDs but just interested, do they dim down as they're turning off
My R-Line also has the LED interior kit, but the glovebox and trunk are normal halogen.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fitted my Philips LED fog lamps today. Took about 30 minutes to do both sides. 20 minutes on the first one as I was being extra careful to not damage anything. The scariest step is right in the beginning where you use the hook ring in the hole under the fog lamp to pry the R-Line fog cover off. I had visions of having 2 pieces of plastic cover sitting on the floor. :eek: But with careful prying it clips out and the rest isnt too bad at all. With re-assembly my tip would be that you clip all the parts back in starting from the centre of the car and working your way outwards. Definitely not hard to put it back together that way. Im pleased with the results and as you will see in the pictures theres a massive colour difference between the halogen and the LED.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looks much better with the LED's. You are costing me money and I haven't even got mine yet!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Used my Obdeleven Pro to code the following:

Refuel Quantity in AID
Needle swipe
Drl in menu (on/off)
Auto close windows rain + menu setting (coded correctly butnot working yet)
Oil temp in AID
Engineering menu
Logo change to R-Line on radio
Display auto aircon speed
Alarm chirp on Lock/Unlock with menu
Lap Timer in AID
Daytime running lights rear (Scandanavian DRL)

Not sure what to try next. Really want to get the rain closing windows working so will have to play around with that some more.

·
Registered
37 Posts
cabby09 said:
Hello Cabby,

I apologize if it has been answered before somewhere in the forum, but how where you able to perform these changes? Where did you find the guide for them?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
tigray said:
cabby09 said:
Hello Cabby,

I apologize if it has been answered before somewhere in the forum, but how where you able to perform these changes? Where did you find the guide for them?

Thanks in advance!
Got a couple from various forums as well as modifying a couple golf 7 tweaks. If you have a cable or obdeleven and are interested in doing anything just PM me your email and what you want to change and i will send you the coding

·
Registered
60 Posts
cabby09 said:
Picked up my Tiguan this week and loving it so far. I plan on doing a couple minor mods and tweaks in the next couple of months so will try keep them all in the same thread.

Pictures before and after collection. Really need to take some better ones soon:
Black roof bars

·
Registered
261 Posts
Will be interesting to see how the LED's work in fog or low cloud which we get a lot in the Derbyshire hills.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yetirider said:
Will be interesting to see how the LED's work in fog or low cloud which we get a lot in the Derbyshire hills.
Going to a mountain region of South Africa mid month and since its our winter here we should get a bit of fog there. Will give them a good test and try get some pictures as well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nice looking Tiggy mate! Did the led fogs come with canbus leads or were they straight plug and play fitting? Any errors?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts