Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
i have not hit my head on it yet but my partner did and then i run my hand round the edge of the shelf it really is quite sharp , i wonder if some thing is missing from it as it could give some one a nasty cut

Reactions: A1VWD

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
i have not hit my head on it yet but my partner did and then i run my hand round the edge of the shelf it really is quite sharp , i wonder if some thing is missing from it as it could give some one a nasty cut
I've not had a hatchback before so I wasn't aware just how sharp that edge is! If you hit it straight on then it's not too bad but take a side swipe with a bald head and yes, it did give me a nasty cut! I agree that it could have been finished off a lot better but the edging I've put on mine not only makes is safer but looks good and maybe should be a standard fitting.

Reactions: dannymidd1

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've not had a hatchback before so I wasn't aware just how sharp that edge is! If you hit it straight on then it's not too bad but take a side swipe with a bald head and yes, it did give me a nasty cut! I agree that it could have been finished off a lot better but the edging I've put on mine not only makes is safer but looks good and maybe should be a standard fitting.
cheers ordered that from ebay :)

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
cheers ordered that from ebay :)
I ordered just the one metre and the supplied length was slightly over so I simply cut off about three inches to make a perfect fit just around each edge of the parcel shelf - didn't want it any further around the edges as it might not have sat level. You will need wire-cutters to cut it as there is a metal core in the rubber/PVC trim and it fits really tight and anyway I think it improves the look. Maybe send the idea to Volkswagen.........

·
Registered
219 Posts
I ordered just the one metre and the supplied length was slightly over so I simply cut off about three inches to make a perfect fit just around each edge of the parcel shelf - didn't want it any further around the edges as it might not have sat level. You will need wire-cutters to cut it as there is a metal core in the rubber/PVC trim and it fits really tight and anyway I think it improves the look. Maybe send the idea to Volkswagen.........
aye you never know they might think ohhhh what a great idea and add it on of course it will push some over the luxury tax band :) :D

• Haha
Reactions: mrew42 and A1VWD

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
The boot load cover on the Mazda CX-5 attaches to the rear window itself so no chance of banging your head against the edge when opening the boot.

·
Registered
822 Posts
  • Haha
21 - 30 of 30 Posts