Really pleased for you. Enjoy the car 馃憤馃憤馃憤

Reactions: A1VWD

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Registered
At least I got the engine cover......... 馃
Looks really good (Tig does look good in white). On the engine cover point, if it is all rigid plastic, all should be well. If it has foam on it (or it is made of foam?), I think these are the covers that are being removed from VW cars as they have been catching fire somehow. Might be worth checking. I think someone said VW were replacing the new foam style covers with all plastic again like in the Mk2 Tigs, but I don't know for sure.

Good luck.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks really good (Tig does look good in white). On the engine cover point, if it is all rigid plastic, all should be well. If it has foam on it (or it is made of foam?), I think these are the covers that are being removed from VW cars as they have been catching fire somehow. Might be worth checking. I think someone said VW were replacing the new foam style covers with all plastic again like in the Mk2 Tigs, but I don't know for sure.

Good luck.
My engine cover is rigid plastic without any foam - unlike my 2010 Passat which is plastic, foam and faux-chrome and is indeed quite heavy. Being the smaller engine the cover on my Tiguan is relatively small so the fixtures keep it in place whereas the bigger engines have a larger and more flexible plastic cover - this apparently meant that it flexed and came away from the fixtures and touched the hot turbo cover which then melted and became a fire risk.

Reactions: John27

Registered
My engine cover is rigid plastic without any foam - unlike my 2010 Passat which is plastic, foam and faux-chrome and is indeed quite heavy. Being the smaller engine the cover on my Tiguan is relatively small so the fixtures keep it in place whereas the bigger engines have a larger and more flexible plastic cover - this apparently meant that it flexed and came away from the fixtures and touched the hot turbo cover which then melted and became a fire risk.
The service manager at my dealership checked with VW on this recall issue and was told it only affects the full fat R models (incl the Golf) and that mine wasn鈥檛 (currently) included in any recalls.

Registered
My engine cover seems fine, just a cheapo bit of plastic basically

what are the seats like in the life? Are they comfortable? My SEL seats were very comfy, haven鈥檛 done enough in the R line yet to really tell

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

what are the seats like in the life? Are they comfortable? My SEL seats were very comfy, haven鈥檛 done enough in the R line yet to really tell
Yes, the engine cover is just a cheap bit of plastic, no doubt weight-saving and cost-cuttiing.

Life seats are comfy and even look good, better in fact than they look in VW's online configurator.

Registered

Where are the bloody obligatory new car pics.

• Haha
Reactions: Sparkie1984 and CUK

Registered
The service manager at my dealership checked with VW on this recall issue and was told it only affects the full fat R models (incl the Golf) and that mine wasn鈥檛 (currently) included in any recalls.
Mine was delivered in March without one due to the recall, so I鈥檇 be checking with the dealer again

Reactions: Sparkie1984

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just fitted front and rear mudflaps. The VW badge is just a stick-on label as they only come in black plastic!

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

Tire Car Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle

Reactions: Sparkie1984
1 - 14 of 14 Posts