Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

New to the forum. Bought my first ever new car and opted for the Tiguan R-line in deep pearl black and collected it on March and it is lovely.

On the whole I am over the moon with it but there are a couple of disappointing omissions some appear to be extras, some just don't work.

I'll list them and interested to see what you guys think.

1. Disspppointed automatic boot is not standard. The model in the showroom worked on the key and I wasn't told that was an extra.

2. The voice activation button the steering wheel doesn't do anything. The showroom told me it's a dummy button as is the on on the media centre. Find that odd!

3. Keyless start is an extra. Again the model I viewed had it and I assumed the flagship R-line would have it as standard. Seems a bit old hat for a car to need a key.

4. Car-net doesn't work. I've signed and and had the confirmation email but it's won't connect.

None of this will ruin the car for me but they are minor annoyencences and disappointments.

Interested to hear your opinions.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The voice activation is again an optional extra, I'm afraid :x
Otherwise the button is for decoration only, unless it acts as a radio mute like on other VW models.

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,584 Posts
Malcm59 said:
Otherwise the button is for decoration only, unless it acts as a radio mute like on other VW models.
Yeah! I was hoping that as well, 'cos it used to on my mk7 Golf, but unfortunately that's not the case with the Tiggie :cry:

Steve

·
Registered
157 Posts
A bit annoyed that the keyless start is an extra as i was also told this was standard.. Does it still have the push button start though or do you have to turn the key?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Malcm59 said:
The voice activation is again an optional extra, I'm afraid :x
Think that's pretty bad on an r-line. You have two buttons that do nothing.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RichyP said:
A bit annoyed that the keyless start is an extra as i was also told this was standard.. Does it still have the push button start though or do you have to turn the key?
Yep. Old fashioned key in and twist.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Hmmmm Guys..... I personally find using the key ok, no probs. Being old fashioned :lol: ...well being a bit on the mature side :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops: , I can remember the Fiat 500 & Mini & some other makes having the start buttons in the late 60's early 70's..but you also had to put the key in and turn before using the start button. So not a new thing really ;) :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi just a quick question, does the voice button on the steering wheel work with Siri when the apple car play function is enabled? I just assumed it did?
I have two months until my r-line arrives.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Surely a salesman would go through all the options before buying? After all I'd imagine most would be trying to push extras onto the car.

I'm glad keyless isn't standard - I really don't see any benefit from pusing a button instead of putting a key in the ignition. Having a proper key means somewhere in the car to put it, and you're less likely to leave it somewhere. Or less likely to put it in your pocket when borrowing someone's car and go to work in your own car the next day which happened to me last week!

Not sure what you mean about automatic tailgate? Do you mean powered/electric?

·
Registered
50 Posts
A quick look at the extras section of the car configurator on the website usually clears up the confusion. Can't believe you could order a 35 grand car and not know what spec it is TBH.

R-line basic spec is actually very good compared to comparative models from other manufacturers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jcb2017 said:
Hi just a quick question, does the voice button on the steering wheel work with Siri when the apple car play function is enabled? I just assumed it did?
I have two months until my r-line arrives.
No it doesn't. It does nothing at all. You can voice command through the touchscreen when using car play though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mixtu said:
A quick look at the extras section of the car configurator on the website usually clears up the confusion. Can't believe you could order a 35 grand car and not know what spec it is TBH.

R-line basic spec is actually very good compared to comparative models from other manufacturers.
My car was already made and that saved me the 16 week wait. I didnt go in to full on details with the salesman and neither did he.

Just surprised a few things are not standard on their highest end car.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Voice activation is an £180 extra that can be activated by the dealer.
But this button works when phone is connected via Android Auto. it just needs 5 sec push.
Don't have an iPhone so cannot confirm whether it works with CarPlay.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mixtu said:

Id have to disagree. The Seat Ateca alot cheaper and not far off on spec

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SlimPollack said:
Voice activation is an £180 extra that can be activated by the dealer.
But this button works when phone is connected via Android Auto. it just needs 5 sec push.
Don't have an iPhone so cannot confirm whether it works with CarPlay.
Thats interesting because my dealer said it can't be done.

I'll try the 5 sec push later. Thanks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Mixtu said:

Nobody means to make mistakes, so try not to be too mean :) That being said "assumption is the mother of all F*** ups", and I'm sure the lesson has been learned. Luckily none of the stuff you are missing is a real deal breaker

Some of the configurations are weird in the UK. I noticed some stuff that is standard on SEL isn't available on the R-line (can't remember what now)

·
Registered
50 Posts
NoHopeNoFear said:
Mixtu said:

Nobody means to make mistakes, so try not to be too mean :) That being said "assumption is the mother of all F*** ups", and I'm sure the lesson has been learned. Luckily none of the stuff you are missing is a real deal breaker

Some of the configurations are weird in the UK. I noticed some stuff that is standard on SEL isn't available on the R-line (can't remember what now)
:) :) :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
To buy the R-Line and not muse over the extras is maybe a little gung-ho. When I bought my SE Nav, I mulled over all the various trim levels etc to work out which trim line and extras matched my preference (without breaking the bank!).

The R-Line has some great features however (pano roof for example).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts