Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not just you :D

Having had similar colour cars for the last 15 years I was actually in two minds between the Atlantic Blue and Indium, however I reverted to type and went for the grey in the end. I just like shades of grey, car paint that is, not the ridiculous book/film :?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I must admit, it really does look nice - only ever though of going for black or white, but with the sun and shadow light on the paintwork, it makes me think I could have gone for something like that!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
JonP said:
I must admit, it really does look nice - only ever though of going for black or white, but with the sun and shadow light on the paintwork, it makes me think I could have gone for something like that!
Never to late to change if still awaiting build 'JonP' :idea:

·
Registered
202 Posts
True, but it might be difficult to convince the wife...and the R line does look fairly awesome in white anyway.

·
Registered
23 Posts
chris williamson said:
looks same as mine great, are white needles an option because mine are white the demo i tried early june were red i dont know if you can change between the two in settings somewhere ?
Chis

I went to great lengths to find out about the White/Red needles. Unfortunately VW AG changed the software at the end of May, so all Tig's now have white needles. I am not sure why because the majority of VW Products have Red needles in the instrument panel?? Pity because I prefer the Red :( , just seems to make the interior more sporty looking.
And No there is no way of changing the settings, have already checked

·
Registered
339 Posts
I am currently looking at purchasing a new Tiguan and it is nice to see the colour combination that I was considering for my SEL choice, looks very nice with the standard 19" wheels which complement the car better that the 20" optional items.

My first choice is the R-Line but indecision is holding me back from pulling the trigger. If the option of DCC was available on R-Line it would solve my dilema however for some unknown reason VW decided not to include DCC on the R-Line.

Did you order leather or stick with the Ergo cloth? I like the Ergo seats as they offer a little extension in the drivers seat for thigh support again something else that is not available on the R-Line! :roll:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi GTD184,

I'm not going to make your decision any easier :) The Tiguan is a beautiful car full stop. I have an SEL and I'm really pleased with it but while it had to have some snags fixed, I have driven the the R-Line for a few day as a replacement.

The R-Line is a fabulous car and the main differences I noticed are:

It has a "tauter" ride that the SEL. I tried the R-Line with Sport setting as well and its definitely more chuck-able than the SEL (but that could be me)
It has a great body kit, so if you want something more conservative, the SEL is for you (but both will get noticed)
It has bigger diamond cut alloys with lower tyres.
Thigh support is great in the SEL.
Leather standard on R-Line.
No idea why DCC isn't an option on R-Line.

I'm sure others will have an opinion.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
I think you'll find that the 'R' Line comes with 'Race' microfibre cloth as standard, and the special 'R' Line leather is still an £1475 option, at least that's according to the price list.

Steve

·
Registered
339 Posts
lt13624 said:
Hi GTD184,

I'm not going to make your decision any easier :) The Tiguan is a beautiful car full stop. I have an SEL and I'm really pleased with it but while it had to have some snags fixed, I have driven the the R-Line for a few day as a replacement.
Would be interested to know what "snags" your having to have fixed as my Golf 7 GTD experience to date as been one I do not want a repeat of in another VW!........replacement DSG, seat padding, head unit, 3 sets of rear shock absorbers to name a few! :roll: :evil:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I stand corrected on the leather standard (you would think it would be on the R-Line). Thanks Essjay and Winrya.

The snag I had was the passenger window switch not functioning. The VW technicians quickly found the fault which was a loose connection. A little bit worrying seeing as VW shout about their multi-point check before delivery (mine was an ex-demo). They obviously missed that one.

Unfortunately, VW decided that they would valet the car before handing it back to me. I say unfortunately as the valet must have had a stone in the cloth because we had some nasty scratches on the paintwork and wheel arch trim. Back it went to have them polished out and now looking brand new. I must say, it was great service and they gave me the R-Line to borrow while the SEL was in :)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Must admit It13624 once I had got my last car from Audi new, in the years it went back for service I always told them not to wash/valet my car. I will also tell them the same at VW as I would rather do it myself to be on the safe side :| :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts