Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any data on the changes/additions/deletions for the MY2023 Elegance? Placed my order today dealer said it will be end of Jan 2023.

·
Registered
2018 MY SEL 150 TDI DSG 2Motion in Caribbean Blue with rear camera, park assist & fully debadged
2,602 Posts
Mods - please delete post!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Anyone have any data on the changes/additions/deletions for the MY2023 Elegance? Placed my order today dealer said it will be end of Jan 2023.
🤣 Jan 2023, Yeah good luck with that. Plenty in the queue ahead of you.

Don’t mean to put a downer on thing’s but I’d say mid to late April at the VERY earliest for you (unless miracles happen at VW or you have a confirmed build cancelled order) and that’s a stretch of the imagination / being a little optimistic.

I suggest you get reading some of the posts on here, if you have not already done so.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The build date is in December not sure of week. The group I buy from had already placed the order

·
Registered
422 Posts
There are many statuses that progress with an order. A large amount of past orders (many on here going back as far as August / September last year) are still on the first stage after the order being accepted by the factory. This is known as a status 10, which means it has been assigned a provisional build date, these dates can and do change numerous times over time, as you will see, right up until you are then given a status 20, which means build has been allocated a potential confirmed build date, but even that is not set in stone and can shift ever so slightly.

I only say this to you to spur you on to investigate a little further with regards to the status of the order and what to expect.

Apologies if you may already know all this.

Just wanted to make you aware the general consensus is that orders will be at least a year for newly placed orders. (Just trying to make sure your expectations are managed) something VW should be doing quite frankly.

Edit: see you are a ling standing member and can prob school me. 🤣

·
Registered
39 Posts
🤣 Jan 2023, Yeah good luck with that. Plenty in the queue ahead of you.

Don’t mean to put a downer on thing’s but I’d say mid to late April at the VERY earliest for you (unless miracles happen at VW or you have a confirmed build cancelled order) and that’s a stretch of the imagination / being a little optimistic.

I suggest you get reading some of the posts on here, if you have not already done so.
He has a solid chance if he has 1.5 petrol with no DSG everyone who seems to order with that engine get theirs within the 5-6 month mark I order mine in March and mines on the water and should be ready to collect in September late august same for a lot of other people with the life/elegance models

·
Registered
822 Posts
In short answer to your question, the MY23 is an extremely minor update.

For your Elegance the only change is likely to be ‘improved’ USB electronics - better charging performance.

If you have ordered a 1.5 TSI engine you will get a newer version, not much info on this, but most likely very little difference, probably just slightly lower emissions.

If you have ordered the Red paint then you will contacted to choose a different colour.

And that’s about it.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone. I appreciate the info and advice, on this occasion as I know the dealer well I have given them the benefit of my doubt and believe what they tell me. I will update on here for feedback whenever I hear anything. It is the 1.5 DSG Elegance

·
Registered
822 Posts
Deleted

·
Registered
422 Posts
Was there really a need for the post before last. Pointless. (not sure if aimed at myself or nheather) do not really care, no need for it. Please try to keep it friendly.

I, personally, was just making him aware (if he didn't already know) in reality, the likelihood of delivery is going to be a lot longer, nheather answered his question, you just came here to have a dig at nheather, regardless of your feeling towards his post you should try to be a little mindful of the impact of your comments on the community.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Was there really a need for the post before last. Pointless. (not sure if aimed at myself or nheather) do not really care, no need for it. Please try to keep it friendly.

I, personally, was just making him aware (if he didn't already know) in reality, the likelihood of delivery is going to be a lot longer, nheather answered his question, you just came here to have a dig at nheather, regardless of your feeling towards his post you should try to be a little mindful of the impact of your comments on the community.
I replied but then deleted as I wasn’t going to lower myself.

The crazy thing is that in this case my response was a direct answer to the OP’s question, it was accurate and not in the slightest bit anti-VW.

I would very much like to understand what the poster (and the liker) found objectionable about my post.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
Allspace R line 245 Tsi 4motion DSG
2,404 Posts
I replied but then deleted as I wasn’t going to lower myself.

The crazy thing is that in this case my response was a direct answer to the OP’s question, it was accurate and not in the slightest bit anti-VW.

I would very much like to understand what the poster (and the liker) found objectionable about my post.

Cheers,

Nigel
In this instance Nigel, you are of course spot on.
'like' removed

Reactions: nheather

·
Registered
1,076 Posts

There’s a bit much of that from a couple of members on here. Costs nothing to be civil and a user can easily be “ignored” so you don’t see their posts.
Just being rude for the sake of it I think

Reactions: dannyjpersonal

·
Registered
Allspace R line 245 Tsi 4motion DSG
2,404 Posts
There’s a bit much of that from a couple of members on here. Costs nothing to be civil and a user can easily be “ignored” so you don’t see their posts.
Just being rude for the sake of it I think
Except you ignore people who simply disagree with you

1 - 17 of 17 Posts