Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I ordered my Tiguan with Discover Media as option. I was told at the dealer that the PRO version is a bit quicker and offers a possibility to show the map on both displays, while the standard version only allows to see the map in one of the desired screens at the time. However, I have seen a video where someone complains that you can't actually see the map on the Active Display. Some comment suggested that that was in the very first Tiguan models (pre June 2016).

Does someone have the standard Navi and can they display the maps in the Active Display (behind the steering wheel)?
What is their responsiveness? Is it too slow?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I've got the standard system and it will display in either the main screen or the centre of the active display. If you really want two maps at once you can have google maps in the 8" screen via your phone connection and have the car system in the active display.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Malcm59 said:
I've got the standard system and it will display in either the main screen or the centre of the active display. If you really want two maps at once you can have google maps in the 8" screen via your phone connection and have the car system in the active display.
That is a neat trick. Unfortunately, I switched to iPhone recently, and during my test-ride a could not start google maps from my phone. I do not like the apple maps as they do not offer the local downloadable area, so it means it drains more data all the time. I have a limited data plan as I have wireless at my job and home all the time and do not need more than 0.5 Gigs a month.

A side note, does anyone have the standard nav and HUD? Does it display the navigation arrows in HUD?

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,582 Posts
eelir said:
A side note, does anyone have the standard nav and HUD? Does it display the navigation arrows in HUD?
Yes, I can confirm you can get the turn instructions in the HUD on the standard Discover Media. There are also seperate settings for the HUD so that you can tailor the info to what you want to see.

Steve

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Essjay that is a good thing to know about HUD. Thanks!

·
Registered
244 Posts
:oops:
Malcm59 said:
Sorry duff info I gave above. While you can display the car's nav in the active display and have Apple maps in the main screen, it won't let you actually set any route...Guess I should research these things properly before diving in with both size 11's ! :oops:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Malcm5 hmmm, so if you display phone map and the cars navi in active display it won't let you set routes in both or only one of them?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts