Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys.

Collected my 150 DSG 4motion Tiguan early Nov 2016 so seen out [hopefully] the winter, and at long last able to spend a little time to wash, polish etc back to nearly showroom shine!

For those that are interested, here are my figures and findings;
Total milage todate 5300
Driving mode Normal
Average MPG [last 3k] 44.6
Add Blue [just done first fill] 10 litres

Most runs are rural and short i.e 20 mls or less; On dual roads with 20 + mile journeys then can easy get 50mpg which for me is very good.
Do hope that I do not regret this by saying......that unlike one or two forum members.. up to now EVERTHING works !! including info centre ; Carnet; Sat Nav; Android; ACC ; Lane assist; keyless entry.. those excellent headlights; sun roof [at last] and the foot wagging boot. The thing i dont use is the park assist...dont trust it!!
Only things I have had to do in the 5 months is fill up AddBlu...fill up diesel ....and change the clock to summertime!!
So all in all very pleased so far and look forward to it staying that way untill fair wear and tear sets in. Keep up the good work VW.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
485 Posts
Thanks for your update Dave. Good to hear about the no problem cars too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
953 Posts
Much the same here Dave I've only got 2 grand on the clock so far, the only problem I've had is the spurious dash warnings but other than that all working perfect, it goes in on the 10 th hopefully to sort this problem?
I have a 20 ltr tub of adblue at the ready and going on what you say530 mile per ltr of adblue I'll need it soon
Only tried the sunroof once so far but did find it noisy but I was on the motorway?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
Dave said:
Only things I have had to do in the 5 months is ...change the clock to summertime!!
Damn, with all that tech in it, you would have thought it could do this automatically...that's it I'm cancelling mine LOL :D :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
Miket said:
Much the same here Dave I've only got 2 grand on the clock so far, the only problem I've had is the spurious dash warnings but other than that all working perfect, it goes in on the 10 th hopefully to sort this problem?
I have a 20 ltr tub of adblue at the ready and going on what you say530 mile per ltr of adblue I'll need it soon
Only tried the sunroof once so far but did find it noisy but I was on the motorway?
I've started to use the sunroof regularly both in tilted and open modes and I've found it really useable
I don't get that horrible buffeting on my ears that I've experienced with others. It can be noisy depending on traffic and speed and when the sun shines in you do get reflections on the instruments and media screen but overall I'm really pleased with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
953 Posts
Not looked in the book but can you drive with the sunroof open and the blind closed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
485 Posts
Bhuna said:
Dave said:
Only things I have had to do in the 5 months is ...change the clock to summertime!!
Damn, with all that tech in it, you would have thought it could do this automatically...that's it I'm cancelling mine LOL :D :D :D
I'm genuinely annoyed that it can't do this. <mutter... mutter...21st century... mutter> :evil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
Miket said:
Not looked in the book but can you drive with the sunroof open and the blind closed
Copied from the book.

"When the glass roof is open, the electric sun blind can be closed only up to the front edge of the glass roof."

I'll have to try it tomorrow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
If you look in the settings, you can set your time to GPS rather than manual
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
stumpy said:
If you look in the settings, you can set your time to GPS rather than manual
Useful for continental travel as well as daylight saving changes, thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
358 Posts
stumpy said:
If you look in the settings, you can set your time to GPS rather than manual
Correct, but you still have to manually set the time zone and tick/untick DST checkbox :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
485 Posts
SlimPollack said:
stumpy said:
If you look in the settings, you can set your time to GPS rather than manual
Correct, but you still have to manually set the time zone and tick/untick DST checkbox :?
Thanks folks. I won't be cancelling my order after all. 😊
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It gets even better.... 5 months ownership and still finding new things !!

Nice sunny day today and just before setting off opened the sunroof ; at 60 mph the dashboard info system says ' aerodynamic drag- please close the sunroof ' .....how the hell does it do that? amazing...
Maybe there is a secret camera placed in the Tigs and big brother VW is watching you !!
Anybody had the same notice or are you all going to check it out tomorrow?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
953 Posts
I must try this? And Does it do the same with the windows open??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
Dave said:
It gets even better.... 5 months ownership and still finding new things !!

Nice sunny day today and just before setting off opened the sunroof ; at 60 mph the dashboard info system says ' aerodynamic drag- please close the sunroof ' .....how the hell does it do that? amazing...
If speed =>60mph & sunroof open = dash message.

There won't be any measuring of drag, just a preset message.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top