Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have heard we can expect new head unit like in Tiguan XL - 7 seater also in original version. Anyone knows anything about it? Is it coming with model year 18? When the production of model year 18 starts?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Prefer the look of the old one, if I am being honest....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Don't like the idea of buttons in the middle, they must get in the way a bit.

I would expect an upgraded head unit to be like the new golf. But to be honest I'd be surprised if they do anything until a mid production facelift.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
I see little miss 'spam bot' is back.......😡😡😡

·
Registered
52 Posts
Really not a fan of those capacitive buttons instead of a physical one. Tested this out on a showroom Skoda Kodiaq this morning and didn't like having to look down at the unit every time I want to change to a different screen / NAV / radio etc.

Otherwise the system is quite nice. The screen is a higher quality (pixel density) so the image is sharper. I noticed the difference but the wife definitely did not :p

The NAV system was a bit different and bit faster then my Tiguan but the functions were still the same, seems like a reskin of the current system with a faster processor behind it making it feel a bit snappier in scrolling around and general use. Would like to see this system in a TIg in person.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Any idea what build week this will be introduced?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts