Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all , i want to place an order for the new Tiggy and i am looking for some feedback , info from owners( and not only)
The order will be for a R-Line 190hp 4Motion DSG , area view , keyless entry and tailgate , dynaudio , winter pack with heathed rear seats and swivelling towbar , this is the base.......

1. Didn't decide yet for the colour ( i know is more personal but some feedback , ideeas will be nice) i am looking for atlantic bue , tungsten silver and white.
2. What are the difference between Discover and Discover pro. On the website i can see they both have the same display and the differences are inside : 64 gb SSD for Pro......
The pro version has google maps buil in which i don't see it like something verry imporyant due anyway i will use car-net and my samsumg for google maps.
I try to decide if is worthing 1390£ for it.
3.I've find a lot of confusing feedback regarding riding on R-line sport suspension and it's a shame that we don't have the option for DCC on R-line. This is one reason why i tend to go with SEL same configuration and DCC.
4. The dealer told me that all tiguans with area view have traffic jam and side scan allready. Thats a little bit strange due in vonfigurator you have an extra option for side scan ( ~ 390£ ) and the traffic jam option you have it only on Passat. He tried to explain me that his car have traffic jam due ACC , lane assist and DSG and side scan is built in area view.
5. Tyre pressure monitoring , the 130£ option , is the same like on the golf ? On my MK7 golf i have pressure monitoring but is not a dirrect system. The sensors from wheels ( the same used for ABS , traction control......) sensing when a tyre loosing pressure by the pushing force of the wheel on the tarmac ( hope you understand what i am trying to say).

Thank you for any feedback

·
Registered
610 Posts
Hi Raz, the ride on my R line is ok but I am coming from a hard sports suspension I personally don't think it's too hard at all. But it will depend on how bad local roads are and how much x country you may have to do. The tyre pressure system that comes with the car free works off a levelling system set tyres at the correct pressure press a button and that's it, not as accurate as the sensor system but pretty good I believe. And yes you do get awareness sensors on the car like your dealer said, the one you pay extra for is the overhead one? Good luck

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi and welcome,

i am getting a white R-line of sorts myself - i live in the netherlands - so we dont actually have R-line as a model, it is just an exterior or exterior and interior package over the top of the line Highline.

we have different specs, so cant answer all your questions - but regarding the discover media and media pro - i had the same dilemma and thought over it long and hard. apparently the main difference is that the pro has the ability to play DVDs where the media doesnt - along with as you say, the 64 gb hard drive...but with a second SD card for a few pounds you could have that anyway. inform and guide gets a few extras, such as street view.....all nice things to have if they were free - but not worth the additional nearly 1000€ extra on top of the discover media in my opinion.

one other thing was not having the app-connect - however if i really think i have made a mistake with this - it is a stand alone item that can be retro-fitted.

for the traffic jam assist - it is nothing to do with area view - it is ACC and lane assist and a dsg - dont even need side assit.

hope this helps

Jon

·
Registered
59 Posts
Not an owner (yet) but I did A LOT of research so hopefully some of this helps and is mostly my opinion:

1. I'm going for Indium Grey - that said in my opinion on the Tiguan the front looks nice in lighter colours and the rear looks nice in darker colours. I like the darker colours as then you don't see the low down plastics on the sides of the car so I would have only gone for light on an r-line.

2. Seriously I have no idea, speed - yes as it's working from SSD no memory card for the maps, ability to show maps on active info and central screen at the same time, beyond that I chose it because I'm a geek and didn't want to find out later I was missing something :) - so probably not worth it. The Dynaudio seems to get very good feedback though.

3. This is something I can't comment on.

4. Side scan is an option and is not included in area view, ACC includes traffic jam assist - I believe your dealer is wrong. Lane assist is different and is standard on every model (or a least SE and above I think).

5. the Tire pressure monitoring that's included works exactly as you describe. The additional option (£130) works on a sensor on each wheel and reports absolute tire pressure which can be view on the Nav/AID system.

Hope that helps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all of you for the answers ( i am amazed how many answer and info i get ).
@FTT right now i have a Golf Mk7 GTD whith sport suspension which i find it in 85% off the roads ok but when i go trough bump speeds or some damaged tarmac is awful this is why i have ask about the ride feeling. It's shame that we don't have the option to go whith 19" rims , i think they are better for day by day ride.
@JonP i have read about dvd capabilities and the fact that only on Pro version you can have maps on both ( active display info and infotaiment){ ups this is from @Gareth78} but is not something interesting for me. Apart from this 4 ( SSD , DVD , "dual display for map" and street view) are there other differences?
In UK and from what I know you can "retrofit" car-net if is shown on your infotaiment You just need to activate it at dealer. And is working only if you have Discoveri media second generation ( like i have on my gtd)
@Gareth78 finally regarding TPMS is exactly what i was looking due right now i have on my GTD the old version and i get some false alarm due temperature difference in the wheel.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Razvanrudy if your looking for different colours look in the gallery. Mines under "just arrived". As regards the ride it's much better than you would expect for sports suspension and 20 inch wheels. It's firm over pot holes but otherwise the comfort is surprising and I'm not sure if you were asking about speed humps but I can say it rides them very well.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Tungsten Silver R line - its like sex on wheels !
Good colour - great car and the 20 inch rims are comfortable on all but the worst roads.....if you can stretch to the R line well worth it :)

But then again we all like our cars - I dont think anyone on this forum is disappointed at all......and whatever model you get you will be very happy with it .... :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Decided to go with Tungsten Silver or Indium Grey. I like indium grey due is all most the same colour like the wheel arch ( that plastic is something what i don't understand why they do it like this). This week looking to find delaers with R-Line's in this colour's so i can take final decision.

On all picture i see the headliner is "white" for uk . Is this true , no matter the exterior color the headliner is "white".

The reading lights , are LED or incandescnt bulb?
The tailgate lights are LED or bulb? I love the LED lights on my GTD but the lights on Tiggy look much better. Can't find the info....

@Tig16 yes i was asking about speed humps ( autocorect and the fact i am still learning some british terms ) on my GTD is awful on that speed humps especially the rear is........ i have the filing that i will lose something from the car every time when i go over it even if i go with 5-10 MPH.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Razvanrudy said:
Decided to go with Tungsten Silver or Indium Grey. I like indium grey due is all most the same colour like the wheel arch ( that plastic is something what i don't understand why they do it like this). This week looking to find delaers with R-Line's in this colour's so i can take final decision.

On all picture i see the headliner is "white" for uk . Is this true , no matter the exterior color the headliner is "white".

The reading lights , are LED or incandescnt bulb?
The tailgate lights are LED or bulb? I love the LED lights on my GTD but the lights on Tiggy look much better. Can't find the info....

@Tig16 yes i was asking about speed humps ( autocorect and the fact i am still learning some british terms ) on my GTD is awful on that speed humps especially the rear is........ i have the filing that i will lose something from the car every time when i go over it even if i go with 5-10 MPH.
Tailgate lights and reading lights are LED & my electric folding back headliner is off white I would say 'Razanrudy' :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've had my Tiguan for 2 weeks now and the Discover pro is perhaps the only thing which I can't quite justify. Other than the stuff which has already been mentioned it might have voice control bundled with it. I say "might" because mine does, but I don't know if the standard Discover does.

That said, my other half likes to keep an eye on the Sat Nav so not having it on the touch screen would have driven her insane. So well worth the £1300 premium then.

·
Registered
59 Posts
slowingdown said:
my other half likes to keep an eye on the Sat Nav so not having it on the touch screen would have driven her insane. So well worth the £1300 premium then.
Ditto ;)

The voice side is confusing as the configurator allows you to add it separately to the Pro but the description says it's included with the Pro. Checked with my dealer several times on this - I don't believe voice activation is included in the non-pro version.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Voice control is something what i will not pay for it. I can easily use google voice or siri direct without pressing any button.
Regarding Car-net when you connect yout mobile phone trough usb cable , the phone also charge or is just data transfer?
I am asking this do i have a S7edge and i was thinking to spec the wireless charger. Right now i have a wireless charger on my golf and is verry verry handy to use. But if the phone also charge when connected to car-net then is pointless to add the extra 330£.
Anyone with dicover media ( not pro) have tried the google maps and street view via car-net? Do they look like on the mobile phone screen? Asking this due discover media is showing maps in 2.5D and the Pro version in 3D.
Watched the new golf presentation and now i think i will go for e-call and security. Look like they are some nice fetaures with that system.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My iphone 6S+ charges when plugged into USB. Can't really comment on the random standards landscape which is Android but I imagine the Samsumg Galaxy will charge. Sounds like you've decided to leave it as a Discover rather than the pro.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
My S4 mini Galaxy charges when plugged into USB

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@slowingdown , didn't decide yet. Right now i am waiting for VW to send me the full documentation for both so i can compare. They said it will take 2 days. Verry curios if i will really receive them.....

New question , maybe sound stupid but like all VW website can't find the full informations
I see that new diesel engine are using Ad-Blue ( i am a trucker so i know everithing about ) bu nowhere can't find if they are still using DPF ( diesel particle filter). On my GTD i have it and sometime i am in the situation that i have to drive for another 15-20 minutes to be sure that the clening of DPF is done. I am doing this only if i get 3-4 cycles started and unfinished due the drive/time conditions.
Normally they should not have anymore the DPF but how knows??????

Is HUD worthing???? Just from your opinion.......

Tommorow is one of the big day , i get from my dealer an extended test drive with the Tigy. They give me a car for 5-6 hours , on my own , so i can properly test it. Can't wait........

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Yes to Ad-Blue and Yes to having a DPF.... I believe this DPF works the same as in my last car an Audi A3 Diesel 2.0 ltr 170ps. If I stopped and it needed a clear-out / clean the filter, when I turned off the engine and locked up & walk away the engine as such carried on running to run it off ie clean it. I believe this is exactly the same procedure will happen on the new Tig..... hope that helps 'Razvanrudy' :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wow Razvanrudy, that is a very generous test drive :)

Yes, still using DPF. There is big section on Ad-Blu in the forums, general consensus, best to add yourself with special filler hose.
I have HUD, its great and I really like that it displays the speed limit and your current speed as well as GPS direction and ACC info. It came with my ex-demo, I would buy it if I had the choice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
On Golf GTD is doing all most the same: if the process is started , after i stop the engine it keep going but only for 10-20 minutes. From what i know is doing like that due high temperatures on the DPF so this one can get cool slow. The problem is that is not a full cycle and the DPF don't clean enough.
Luckily i have an app on my phone paired with and OBD II and i can see exactly in procent how much dirt is inside so when is going over 50% i plan a long motorway journey ( 30-40 minutes driving).
I am hoping having ad-blue it will not kick in so often , ad-blue been injected in exhaust beforw DPF.
@lt13624 i was also surprised that they accepted but i think this was just because i was explaining exactly that i need to drive the car , to feel it on a day to day driving ( shopping, taking my son from school etc). This will be my first SUV , before i had only hatchback or estate , and even if i am a truck driver and used to drive trough the city centre with an arctic , i still need to be 100% that the car is suitable for day by day use. This is also one reason why i am doing so much research on the forum and web to know exactly what i get and if is what I want from my next car.
Thanks for HUD opinion and i all ready start to take in consideration this option.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Regarding area view : checked where are they and i am concerned about the dirt. How quick they get dirty , do they have any cleaning system? On rainy days especially the front one i am assuming it get dirty verry quick, also the ones on the side mirrors. The rear one i see is no more located on the badge. ...

Just seen that the rear camera has a washer.....can i assume the front one and the ones from door mirrors have the same??

1 - 19 of 19 Posts